These bright green spinach crepes are sweet instead of savoury! The flavour of the spinach fades away so they taste like vanilla crepes. Lovely topped with strawberries and sweet sour cream.
These spinach crepes are easy to make and taste incredible! The flavor of the spinach fades away, leaving them bright green.
The sun is shining, and the strawberries this year are soooo flavourful.
I have three greedy punnets of them in the fridge right now and what better way to eat them than with spinach! I love the flavor combination. Be sure to also try my strawberry spinach salad.
This dessert is absolutely lovely, simple to make, and includes a few of your day's fruit and vegetables.
I know that the recipe looks long, but trust me.
It's very easy to make and a good one to get the kids to help with.
Oh, and it's bright. VERY bright.
Looking for more recipes for vegetable pancakes? Try these - they're just as delicious as these spinach crepes!
Pancakes are so versatile. We love them not only for breakfast, but at lunch or dinner too! You can make them sweet or make them savory. My kids like to have one sweet and one savory for dinner/dessert.
Try these other tasty pancake recipes.
Get the Spinach Crepes with Strawberries and Sweet Soured Cream recipe
Did you make this crepe recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Spinach Crepes with Strawberries and Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 7 oz (200g) spinach fresh or frozen
- 2 large free-range eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ¾ cup (200ml) water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup (125g) plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil or other oil
- Strawberries to serve
For the Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 ripe avocado flesh
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp powdered icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the Sweet Soured Cream
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 2 tsp powdered icing sugar
Start with the Avocado Chocolate Mousse:
- Put all six ingredients into a food processor, blender, or use a hand blender, and blend until smooth. Put in the fridge to chill while making the crepes.
For the crepes:
- Steam the fresh spinach, then puree in a food processor (or defrost frozen chopped spinach). Squeeze out any excess water.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, water, vanilla, butter and spinach. Add the flour, sugar and salt then whisk until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add 4-5 tbsp of the batter and use a spoon to smooth it around the bottom of the pan to make a very thin circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden, then flip carefully and cook the other side for a further minute. Continue until the batter is used up. Set the crepes aside to cool.
For the Sweet Sour Cream
- Sift the icing sugar into the soured cream in a bowl and stir.
- Serve the crepes with the mousse, a drizzle of the cream mixture and sliced strawberries, roll up and enjoy!