Matcha Coconut Energy Balls
These matcha coconut energy balls are great for kids to make and a healthy snack. We've added icing to make them look like tennis balls.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
For the matcha coconut energy balls
- 40 g (½ cup) oats
- 75 g (1 cup) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 30 g (¼ cup) ground almonds
- 6 dates pitted and softened in warm water for a few minutes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ tsp matcha green tea powder
For the icing
- 2 tbsp coconut oil solid - put in the fridge to set if necessary
- 6 tbsp powdered icing sugar
- Small drop vanilla extract
For the balls, whizz the porridge oats in a food processor or blender until a fine crumb is formed.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined and it forms a sticky meal.
Roll into balls and refrigerate until ready to eat.
For the icing, cream the coconut oil with an electric mixer until smooth, then beat in the powdered icing sugar and vanilla. If it’s too thick add a very small amount of water and beat again. Add to a piping bag and pipe in tennis ball swirls onto the matcha coconut energy balls. Store in the fridge.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.6mg