These easy jam hand pies are quick and easy to make with only 3 ingredients! They're great for Valentine's or cooking with kids.
Easy Jam Hand Pies
These pretty little heart shaped pies are super-easy to make. They're quick and you only need 3 ingredients.
This is such an easy recipe and perfect to make with kids. You can use any shape or filling - try hazelnut spread or sweetened cream cheese - I love them with my carrot jam!
There’s not a massive clean up involved and they taste delicious.
They’re easily vegan and store bought gluten-free pastry is available.
They're crispy, flaky, delicate and loads of fun to make.
Easy Recipes with Kids
I love cooking with my kids. It teaches them how to follow instructions, builds teamwork, and it’s just a nice thing to focus on together.
It’s a mindful, intimate time to bond.
They enjoy rolling their sleeves up and squidging dough, letting flour fall through their fingers and measuring ingredients.
And of course, they get to eat the fruits of their labour!
But if I’m honest, sometimes I just can’t face an epic baking session.
I don’t wanted to dampen their spirits as they slowly drag chairs into the kitchen and reach for their little aprons, but I haven’t always got the time to commit to the activity.
And let’s face it, cooking with kids isn’t quick!
3 Ingredient Jam Pies
With little hands helping, baking a simple cake can take hours - and that’s not including cleaning the flurries of flour that seem to coat the kitchen when they’ve finished!
Seriously, I know they’re still developing their motor skills, but they make such a huge mess.
They seem to take the contents of the baking cupboards and hurl it around the kitchen with wild abandon.
But all those laughs and smiles are worth the clean up.
That's when I need a super-easy, quick, fun baking project to do with the kids.
Enter: 3 ingredient jam-filled hand pies.
This recipe is a perfect way to use up leftover shortcrust pastry.
How to make Jam Hand Pies
Follow these simple steps for a perfect recipe!
How to make easy hand pies: Step 1 - unroll the shortcrust pastry and cut into shapes.
2 - spoon the jam into the centre of half, top with another pastry shape and seal.
Get the Easy Jam Hand Pies Recipe
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how this hand pies recipe turned out for you! Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #veggiedesserts.
Easy Jam Hand Pies
- 1 package ready rolled shortcrust pastry (375g/13oz) defrosted if frozen
- 8 tsp strawberry jam
- Milk for brushing
- Preheat oven to 190C / 375F. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment paper (or use the parchment from the pastry packet)
- Unroll the dough and cut into shapes with a heart cookie cutter.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the jam onto the centre of half of the shapes.
- Brush a little milk around the edges, then top with another shape and use a fork to crimp and seal the edges. Brush with some more milk, then use a sharp knife to cut a small slit in the pastry. Use smaller cutters to make shapes to decorate - just stick them on with some milk.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or cold.