These quick Halloween Brownie Bite Eyeballs are small brownies with a spooky twist! Add a candy eyeball to these simple fudgy brownies for an easy treat that's perfect for Halloween or a party.
If you’re looking for a simple and easy treat for Halloween, you must make these Halloween Eyeball Brownie Bites!
You’ll make an easy brownie batter using simple baking ingredients.
It gets poured into a mini muffin tin to make a dense and fudgy 2 bite brownie when baked.
After it cools, a “glue” is made with powdered sugar and water to add the candy eyeball on top for a spooky treat!
Serve these brownie bites at a Halloween party, or send them to school with your kids' lunches or for their school Halloween adventures.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
These brownies are made with simple ingredients you can find anywhere and can be adapted to any holiday or decoration.
The candy eyeballs give these brownies just the right amount of scary Halloween flair.
They are a great two-bite treat that both kids and adults love.
Perfect to package up for school or to serve at a Halloween party for dessert.
- Unsalted Butter - Adds a moist texture and buttery flavor to the brownie bites.
- White Sugar - Sweetens up the base of the brownie.
- Vanilla Extract - Infuses the brownies with a light vanilla flavor.
- Eggs - Helps to bind and set the brownies properly.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - Gives the brownie bites a rich chocolate flavor.
- All Purpose Flour - Makes up the dry ingredient base of the brownies.
- Powdered Sugar - Used to make a “glute” to fasten the candy eyeballs onto the brownie.
- Candy Eyes - Adds a spooky Halloween touch to these simple brownie bites.
Please see the recipe card below for quantities.
Wondering how to make this Halloween Brownie recipe? It's easy! Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Spray a mini cupcake pan with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Melt the wet ingredients together: Add the butter and sugar to saucepot over medium heat. Melt the butter and stir until all of the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the vanilla extract, then remove from heat to cool slightly.
Add the dry ingredients: Whisk the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture, then sift in the cocoa powder and stir until combined fully.
Bake the brownies: Spoon the brownie batter into the prepared mini cupcake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the edges of the brownies have set. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Assemble the candy eyeballs: Mix powdered sugar with just enough water to form a paste in a small bowl. Use it as the glue and dot a small amount in the middle of the brownie bite and fasten the candy eyeballs on. Let the icing harden before serving.
Make sure the butter is cooled enough before adding the egg mixture as hot butter can cause the eggs to cook in the mixture.
Let the mini brownie bites cool completely before adding the powdered sugar glue and candy eyeballs to prevent the “glue” from melting.
You can use mini muffin liners to make these brownies portable and easy to remove from the pan.
Serve with a glass of Aztec Hot Chocolate for a cool weather treat.
Make a decadent dessert by serving these brownie bites with a scoop of ice cream.
Prepare Pita Mummy Halloween Pizza for dinner and serve these brownies as dessert on Halloween.
Makes a great snack at a Halloween party along with Mummy Halloween Pies.
Short on time? Purchase premade brownie bites and add the candy eyeballs on top with the icing sugar glue. You can also use a boxed brownie mix to make these brownie bites.
Stir in some chocolate chips or chopped nuts to add texture and flavor.
A dollop of icing on top with the candy eyeballs make adorable ghost brownies.
You can use premade frosting and pipe it on flat to make spooky mummy brownies, too!
If you can’t find candy eyeballs, try using any Halloween sprinkle decoration you can find.
You can bake the mixture in a 9"x9" square pan for 25 minuutes.
Storing: Store brownie bites in an airtight container for up to 1 week to keep them fresh. Make sure they are cooled completely.
Freezing: To freeze, place the brownie bites on a sheet pan and freeze overnight until solid. Add them to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag for 3-4 months. Thaw on the countertop before serving.
Make sure you are using a proper non stick cooking spray or non stick mini muffin pan. You can also use mini muffin liners to remove them easily.
If you’re short on time, you can use a boxed brownie mix to pour into the muffin tin. Use the instructions on the back of the package.
Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Plus, you'll get a free eBook: 15 Minute Vegan Dinners!
Halloween Brownie Bite Eyeballs
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter (150g)
- ¾ cup white sugar (150g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (75g)
- ½ cup all purpose flour plain flour (65g)
- 24 candy eyes
- 1 tablespoon powdered icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and spray a mini cupcake pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Add the butter and sugar to a medium pot over a medium heat and stir until it’s all melted together and the sugar dissolves, then stir in the vanilla and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk in the eggs, then sift in the cocoa powder and flour and stir to combine.
- Spoon the brownie mix into the mini cupcake pan and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are set.
- Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove the brownie bites from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the powdered icing sugar with a few drops of water to form a thick paste. Use it to ‘glue’ the candy eyes to the brownie bites.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.