A cheesecake parfait is a quick and easy dessert. I've made it extra special with cookie crumbs and frozen berries. Make it in a jar and it's a portable dessert for BBQs and picnics.
Cookie Cheesecake Parfait with Berries
I used frozen cookie dough to make the cookies, but you can use ones from the grocery store or make them from scratch.
For the cheesecake parfait filling, I mixed plain Greek yogurt with cream cheese to make it a little bit lighter.
Instead of sugar, I sweetened it with a little maple syrup. I'm thinkin' about your waistlines, people.
The layers of creamy cheesecake contrast beautifully with the sweet cookie crumbs and sharp frozen berries in these cheesecake parfaits.
You can make them in minutes and store them in the fridge until you're ready to grab a spoon and tuck into creamy crispy yumminess.
They're a great make-ahead dessert for a dinner party, and you won't be in the kitchen all day slaving away.
Easy Dessert for Dinner Parties
Although it benefits from an hour or so chilling time in the fridge, you could just tuck right in if you don't have time to wait.
Instead of making a typical cheesecake-style crust, I just crumbled in cookies.
You could use any cookies you have to hand, and it's a great way to use up stale biscuits (if such a thing exists - not in my house!).
Don't you just love an easy dessert?
A cheesecake parfait is a quick and simple, so it's perfect for dinner parties, with loads of delicious flavor!
I've made it extra special with cookie crumbs and frozen berries.
Make it in a jar and it's a portable dessert for BBQs and picnics.
I spent weeks in my kitchen last summer, merrily baking vegetable cake after cake (after cake after cake...) testing recipes for my upcoming cookbook.
As much as I loved the process, it was really rather intense.
I tested some vegetable cake recipes up to 10 times before I got them just right.
Then I tested them a few more times to make sure the recipe worked!
My book will be out in August, so stay tuned for more information coming soon!
So today I wanted to show you a dessert that you can put together in minutes.
Reasons to buy frozen fruit and veg:
- It helps to reduce food waste at a commercial level since it's frozen during harvest.
- It reduces waste at a retail level since it won't wither on the shelves.
- You can reduce food waste at home by only using what you need, when you need it.
- Fruit and veg are frozen at their peak of freshness so flavor is locked in.
- You can enjoy fruit and vegetables out of season.
- It's convenient
- Frozen onions, herbs, chilli and garlic make cooking much easier and less fiddly.
- Frozen fruit and vegetables are usually picked at their peak ripeness - when they’re the most nutritious.
- Fruit and vegetables retain much of their nutrient content when frozen
- Frozen produce is often less expensive than their fresh counterparts.
Get the cookie cheesecake parfait recipe
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how this recipe turned out for you! Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #veggiedesserts.
Cookie Cheesecake Parfait with Berries
- 6 cookies You can use any cookies that you like, but I used double chocolate chip
For the cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz (250g) soft cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 handfuls frozen mixed berries
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Roughly break up the cookies so it is a mix of small chunks and cookie dust.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Layer the crumbled cookies (save some for garnish), cheesecake mixture and berries, alternating, in glasses or jars. Top with the remaining cookie crumbles, berries and a sprig of mint. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve chilled.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.