Strawberries and Cream is a simple and tasty way to make the most of seasonal berries! Fresh strawberries are drizzled with a vanilla-infused cream to really bring out their sweet and delicate flavor. The ultimate taste of summertime.
Strawberries and Cream is a famous dessert served at Wimbledon, but it's so simple that it can be enjoyed any time!
Fresh strawberries are tossed in sugar, then mixed into a vanilla-infused cream for a quick and easy dessert that is fresh and light.
Sometimes the best desserts are the ones that are the most simple and this recipe for strawberries and cream is just that. There’s no baking involved and it comes together in just minutes.
If anything says it’s summer in England, this dessert is it! Back in the 1900’s this dessert was served at the Wimbledon tennis competition and has since been a classic dessert, served every summer.
All you’ll need are fresh strawberries, cream, sugar, and vanilla extract for a decadent dessert that is full of creamy and fruity flavor.
You can experiment with the thickness of the cream, or even use ice cream to make your own twist on this classic.
No matter how you make it, this easy dessert recipe will make a permanent spot on your rotation because of its classic simplicity and taste!
Strawberries 'n cream is a classic combination. You've had it as a Starbucks Frappucino, strawberries and cream candy, cake, ice cream, and even oatmeal!
Now you can have it served in the classic way - literally strawberries and cream.
I adore making the most of seasonal strawberries, so be sure to also check out my Strawberry Syrup, Strawberry Milk, and Strawberry Compote. They both turn fresh strawbs into something pretty special, plus they're a great way to use ones that are a little soft or past their best. Save the best ones for this strawberries and cream recipe!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It’s made with 4 simple ingredients.
- You can prepare it from start to finish in 10 minutes or less.
- Experiment with the thickness and type of cream you use for your desired tastes.
- A great way to use an abundance of summer strawberries.
- It’s light but still packs lots of fruity natural sweet flavor.
- A great no-bake dessert for summer!
- Strawberries - Ripe and fresh strawberries are the perfect match for cream.
- Granulated Sugar - Helps enhance the natural sweetness of the dessert when tossed with strawberries.
- Heavy Cream - Creates a creamy taste and texture. Use double cream, whipping cream or half-and-half if preferred.
- Vanilla Extract - Infuses this dessert with a light hint of vanilla flavor.
- Garnish - A sprig of mint adds color and a pop of fresh flavor.
See the recipe card for quantities.
This is a really simple recipe, but you might be wondering how to make strawberries and cream?
Follow this step-by-step photo tutorial, then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and method.
Prepare the strawberries: Remove the green stems from the strawberries and cut until they’re all roughly the same size. You may need to cut larger strawberries into quarters.
Sugar the strawberries: Add the chopped strawberries to a bowl with granulated sugar and toss to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes until all the sugar is dissolved.
Prepare the cream: Stir the vanilla extract into the cream until fully incorporated. If you'd like, whip the cream slightly so it's a little thicker.
Assemble: Evenly distribute the sugared strawberries into serving bowls or glasses, then pour the cream over the strawberries. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- For vegan or dairy-free strawberries and cream, use full-fat coconut milk or any thick plant-based milk.
- For a cold and creamy treat, mix the sugared strawberries with vanilla ice cream.
- Take a shortcut and use canned whipped cream with the strawberries for a sweet, light, and airy flavor.
- Add your favorite berries to the mix including raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries.
Storing: For best results, this strawberry dessert can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours in an airtight container.
Freezing: Due to the high water content in fresh strawberries and the change in the texture of cream once frozen, freezing is not recommended.
For a slightly thicker cream, whip the heavy whipping cream to infuse air until a thick foam is formed.
Choose bright vibrant red ripe strawberries for best results as they contain the best natural sweetness.
Make sure the sugar fully dissolves on the strawberries before pouring the cream over them.
You can eat this dessert right away, but it tastes much better after sitting in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to incorporate.
Add a drizzle of Homemade Strawberry Syrup on top for additional strawberry flavor.
Serve during the summer months with a Strawberry Matcha Popsicle.
Watch the tennis match with strawberries n cream and a glass of Cucumber Collins Cocktail.
Enjoy with a vibrant Fruit Platter.
Did you make this recipe?
* Head down to the comments and leave a ⭐ star rating!
* Share with #veggiedesserts on social media so I can see your creations.
* Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Strawberries and Cream
- 2 cups (250g) strawberries
- 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream double cream, or whipping cream, half and half, single cream or vegan cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional garnish: sprig of mint
- Cut off and discard the green tops off the strawberries. Cut any larger strawberries into halves or quarters.
- Add the strawberries to a bowl, sprinkle them with the sugar and gently toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir the vanilla into the cream, then pour over the strawberries.
- You can eat them right away, but they taste even better if they sit in the fridge for half an hour or so for the strawberries to infuse the vanilla cream.
- Divide into bowls and serve.
- For a slightly thicker cream, whip the heavy whipping cream to infuse air until a thick foam is formed.
- Choose bright vibrant red strawberries for best results as they contain the best natural sweetness.
- Make sure the sugar fully dissolves on the strawberries before pouring the cream over them.
- You can eat this dessert right away, but it tastes much better after sitting in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to incorporate.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.