These strawberry matcha popsicles are perfect for dessert or even breakfast. They’re packed with energising and metabolism-boosting matcha and bulked with oats to make a filling and nourishing frozen treat.
I often enjoy matcha lattes made with almond milk in the mornings as an energy- and metabolism-boosting way to start the day. It’s complex flavour, with grassy and sweet notes, is not only great instead of regular tea or coffee, but it’s also wonderful to use in cooking and baking. I recently used matcha to develop the recipe for Matcha and Coconut Yogurt Tarts and I love it in cakes and energy balls as well.
Pure Chimp asked me to come up with a recipe using their 100% pure and natural ceremonial-grade matcha green tea powder and as the sun shone outside and the flowers were bursting to life, I wanted to create a summery and healthy treat so devised these strawberry and matcha popsicles.
For these strawberry and matcha popsicles, I turned a vegan matcha latte into ice lollies and added filling oats and fresh strawberries. This is so easy to make and it’s great for a healthy snack, dessert or even breakfast.
Pure Chimp matcha has 10 times the goodness of regular green tea per cup, uses specially-grown green tea leaves ground into a fine powder and 5% of their profits go to charity.
Matcha can help you improve your mood, memory and concentration.
According to Pure Chimp, it can also boost your metabolism by up to 40%, increase your energy levels and keep you going for up to 6 hours and it’s full of antioxidants.
I’m sipping a matcha latte as I write this (the popsicles are all gone – we devoured them very quickly this sunny weekend!). I love the earthy taste of it and the energy boost that I get from it without that shaky caffeinated feeling that coffee can give.
Disclosure: Pure Chimp commissioned a recipe using their matcha. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to write Veggie Desserts.
Strawberry and Matcha Popsicles
- 1 cup (240ml) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (50g) oats (gluten-free if required)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup optional
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- handful of fresh strawberries
- Whiz the almond milk, oats, banana, maple syrup, vanilla and matcha in a blender until smooth. Pour into popsicle/ice lolly moulds until ¾ full.
- Wash, hull and slice the strawberries then press them into the edges of the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight, until solid.
- Run under hot water to release from the molds and serve for dessert, a snack or even breakfast!