These matcha coconut yogurt tarts are so green, healthy and easy to make! The matcha green tea gives them that amazing colour and fills them with goodness. They're also delicious and quick.
Matcha Yogurt Tarts
These pretty little tarts are so green! That's down to them being made with matcha green tea.
I've recently got right into drinking matcha. I've loved sitting down to warm cups of matcha latte, but I wanted to create something healthy and special - so I've come up with these matcha coconut and yogurt tarts.
What does Matcha taste like?
Matcha has a complex flavour that runs from grassy to sweet, making it perfect for adding to desserts. It pairs well with coconut, so I've blitzed it up with desiccated coconut, coconut oil, ground almonds and dates to make these adorable green cups that I've filled with yogurt (choose non-dairy yogurt for a vegan treat) and topped them with blueberries.
This is a superfood-packed, sugar-free, healthy but decadent dessert. Even my kids absolutely loved them. You might also enjoy my lovely creamy drink: matcha horchata.
If you love these yogurt tarts, you'll also love these other coconut desserts!
Get the recipe!
Also, pop down to the comment and let me know how you got on with the recipe. It’s always great to hear from my readers. Your support allows me write this food blog and bring you vegetable cake recipes as well as vegan desserts, plus savoury vegetarian and vegan recipes and breakfasts and drinks.
Matcha Coconut and Yogurt Tarts
For the matcha coconut tart cases:
- 40 g oats
- 75 g flaked coconut
- 21 g ground almonds
- 6 dates pitted and softened in warm water for a few minutes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- Greek yogurt or vegan alternative
- Blitz the oats in a food processor or blender until it is a bit finer. Add the remaining ingredients (but not the yogurt or blueberries) and whiz until well combined.
- Press the matcha coconut mixture into the cups of a muffin or tart tray and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Carefully remove the tarts from the cups, fill with yogurt and top with blueberries. Serve immediately or store in the fridge in the muffin tray.