This easy vegan one pot pasta takes only 20 minutes and makes a great midweek meal. Tenderstem® and mushrooms give loads of flavour to the creamy sauce.
I love quick and easy mid-week meals that the whole family will happily tuck into. It's also important to me that the meal is full of healthy veggies. This vegan one-pot pasta fits the bill perfectly. Not only do you have a tasty meal in minutes, but there's less washing up. Win-win!
What is Tenderstem®?
It's a cross between Chinese Kale and regular broccoli. The long thin stems are tender and have a delicate sweet taste - perfect for adding to many meals.
It's fantastic in Asian-inspired meals from stir fry to pad Thai, but I also love sautéing it with chilli and garlic as a side dish, laying it on puff pastry with pesto, adding to salad or using in this one pot pasta dish. It really is a very versatile brassica! It adds a great pop of green colour to a meal, delicious flavour and nutrients. Find out more Tenderstem® cooking tips.
Frozen Tenderstem® is new to me and has been quite a revelation! I was thrilled to be asked to create a recipe using it to celebrate the world-exclusive launch of frozen Tenderstem® here in the UK, launching in Iceland Foods stores across the UK on 2nd Jan.
It's picked and frozen at its freshest, locking in all the flavour and nutrients - with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
I also love that since the stems are individually frozen you only need to as many as you need for the meal – no food waste.
It's so easy to use, you just need to boil or steam it for 2-3 minutes straight from the packet with no prepping - so quick and easy.
Search #FrozenTenderstem on social media for more recipes. And find out about tips for cooking Tenderstem® from frozen.
How to make this easy Vegan Tenderstem® and Mushroom One Pot Pasta
It only takes 20 minutes and minimal effort before the whole family can sit down to this delicious, creamy, flavourful one pot pasta.
Mushrooms (any type you like: mixed, chestnut, shiitake, button...)
Fresh thyme leaves (or substitute dried)
Smoked paprika (optional)
Non-dairy milk (almond, soy, oat etc...)
Tenderstem® (I used convenient frozen Tenderstem® from Iceland Foods)
Pasta (any variety you like)
Top tip: save even more time making this quick mid-week meal by using frozen chopped onion and garlic!
Get the Easy Tenderstem® and Mushroom Vegan One Pot Pasta recipe
If you make this one pot pasta recipe, please tag it with #veggiedesserts on Instagram or other social media. I LOVE seeing your recreations of my recipes.
Tenderstem® and Mushroom One Pot Pasta
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 400 g mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves plus extra to garnish
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml non-dairy milk almond, oat etc…
- 300 g spaghetti
- 150 g frozen Tenderstem®
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat, add the onion and cook for a few minutes until translucent but not browned. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and 3 tbsp of water and cook, stirring often for about 7 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and release their juices.
- Add the thyme, paprika, salt and pepper, stock, milk and spaghetti, (submerge it as soon as the ends are cooked, or break the handful of it in half before adding to the pot). Stir well to combine, increase the heat to high and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has reduced.
- A few minutes before the pasta is ready, add the frozen Tenderstem® to the pot, stir and allow it to cook until still bright green and just cooked - it should only take about 2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with a little thyme and enjoy!
Disclosure: Tenderstem® commissioned this vegan one pot pasta recipe. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to be a professional UK food blogger, mess up my kitchen and write Veggie Desserts.