Fruit Summer Rolls are a fun way to eat fruit. They're light, easy and delicious. The rice paper wrapper holds it all together - perfect for dipping into vanilla yogurt dip.
There's so much fruit around at this time of year, so I'm making the most of it. I love just having a bowl of berries in the evening, maybe with a little dark chocolate broken into it, but I also like to get more creative.
These fruit summer rolls are a fun way to eat fruit. The rice paper wrappers are available in most major supermarkets as well as Asian stores.
You simply soak them for a few seconds and fill them with whatever fruit you have to hand. I got my kids involved and they loved making patterns with fruit on the papers and then rolling them into bundles.
You'll love serving them with this Nutella Dip!
I love getting the kids to help in the kitchen. My daughter in particular loves to bake with me. Thing is, I don't want her to have too much sugar.
So, we love to make healthy treats, like these fruit rolls. They look fun and are easy for little hands to eat.
We often make yogurt dips. Kids can easily stir in their favourite flavourings and this time we went for maple syrup and vanilla extract. So easy and a perfect complement for the fruit rolls.
Why you'll love this recipe
- A healthy dessert.
- Fun for the family to make together.
- Try the fruit summer rolls with a selection of dips.
- A great way to use up fresh fruit.
- Rice paper summer roll wrappers - these are widely available in the asian section of most larger supermarkets or grocery stores.
- - Or use any fresh fruit you love!
- Sprigs of fresh mint, optional
For the dip
- Plain yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
Looking for more healthy fruit recipes for kids? Try these!
Fruit Summer Rolls with Vanilla Yogurt Dip
For the fruit summer rolls (but use whatever fruit you like!)
- 8 rice paper summer roll wrappers available in the asian section of most larger supermarkets
- 2 apples diced
- 2 kiwis peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 raspberries
- 5 strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Sprigs of mint
For the dip
- 3 tablespoons Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Prepare the fruit first and put into bowls.
- Half fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Place one summer roll paper into the warm water for a few seconds to soften.
- Remove and carefully place it out flat on large plate.
- Add desired fruit and mint (if using) over one side, then tuck the in top and bottom and roll. Put onto a plate with the folded side down. Repeat with the remaining fruit and rice papers.
- For the dip, mix all ingredients together and serve with the fruit summer rolls.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.