These ginger miso cauliflower steaks are bursting with flavour and so easy to make! A great vegan or vegetarian main meal.
Ginger. Miso. Cauliflower. I don't know quite what it is about this combination, but I absolutely love it. I have it in various forms, from baked cauliflower bites or miso soba soups to these amazing cauliflower steaks.
I could probably eat a whole head of cauliflower if it was slathered in ginger and miso - but that would be rather greedy (*pretends that I've never done it*).
I also love using cauliflower in crazy vegetable cakes! Try my Cauliflower Banana Bundt Cake or Chocolate Cauliflower Cake with Salted Caramel Icing.
These cauliflower steaks are tender and packed with that wonderful umami flavour from the miso paste, with a lively kick from the fresh ginger.
Cauliflower steaks have been an internet sensation for a while now, and rightly so. They're a great vegan/vegetarian option that are quick to make, healthy and let you slather them in all sorts of lovely sauces - from barbecue to chipotle.
Cauliflower steaks have been a big trend for a while now, and it's no wonder! You can add loads of great flavours, marinades and sauces to give them loads of great tastes.
I love how a griddle pan or clamp grill (think George Foreman) give wonderfully smokey char marks and lots of flavour.
Get the Ginger Miso Cauliflower Steak Recipe
Thanks for checking out my recipe! I love hearing from my readers. You all allow me to do what I love and write this UK food blog, sharing vegetarian and vegan recipes, vegetable cake recipes and also easy vegan desserts.
Ginger Miso Cauliflower Steaks and the Tefal Optigrill
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons brown miso paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Heat a griddle pan or electric grill machine (like a Tefal or Geroge Foreman).
- Mix the miso paste and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice the head of cauliflower into ½ inch thick steaks.
- Brush the cauliflower steaks with the ginger miso paste.
- If using an electric grill, place the cauliflower steaks onto the grill and cook for a few minutes until tender. Brush one side with the ginger miso paste and cook for a minute or so more until the sauce begins to caramelize.
- If using a griddle pan, heat the pan until hot. Place the cauliflower steaks onto the griddle and cook until that side is slightly charred. Turn the cauliflower steaks over when the first side is done and cook the other side until nearly cooked and the steaks are tender.