These delicious vegetarian tacos are easy to make in just 30 minutes in a Tefal ActiFry air fryer! Kidney beans, onion and tomatoes mingle with spices - perfect wrapped in soft tortillas.
Recipe commissioned by Tefal ActiFry.
You're just 30 minutes away from sitting down to a flavourful, healthy and delicious vegetarian tacos. The secret is that I've made them in a Tefal ActiFry air fryer!
I've wanted one of these gadgets for ages, so I was delighted when Tefal got in touch and asked me to try it out and share a recipe with my readers.
So, I bring you... vegetarian tacos! They're easy, tasty and perfect for a family feast. Get ready for Taco Tuesday.
How to make Vegetarian Tacos
Kidney beans make a really tasty base for the filling of these veggie tacos. The protein rich beans have lots of flavour, and you can use dried (soaked and cooked) or from a can to make it a super quick meal.
I can't even tell you how easy this is to prepare (okay, well, I will). Just dump a can of tomatoes and a can of drained and rinsed kidney beans into the air fryer. Add chopped onions and garlic, then a few spices and turn it on!
- To make this ActiFry recipe even easier and less mess, go ahead and use frozen chopped onion and frozen chopped garlic (two of my favourite cooking timesavers)
- Make this meal vegan by leaving out the feta cheese, or swapping it for dairy-free cheese.
- You can easily make the tacos gluten free by simply using gluten free tortillas.
- These veggie tacos are lovely whether you have them in soft tortillas or in hard taco shells. You could even whip up my super quick naan bread recipe - it's a yeast free flatbread that's ready in minutes.
- There's no need to add oil.
- If you're after a cocktail to enjoy with your tacos, try my cucumber caipirinha.
- For a tasty salad to enjoy with your tacos, try this Mexican grilled salad served in a tortilla bowl.
- Looking for more air fryer recipes? Try my air fryer tofu!
I have a lot of gadgets in my kitchen and some are definitely used more than others. But already I can see the ActiFry being one of the more useful bits of kitchen kit. It's really easy to use. I didn't even read the manual, just plugged it in and took a look at the self explanatory buttons at the top.
It has a rotating paddle so it browns food evenly. Plus it has a bowl so that means that you can cook many dishes you would on the stove top, without having to monitor it and stir it yourself. There are also automated time and temperature controls making it a breeze to cook in. I also love that the bowl is dishwasher safe!
You only need 1 tsp of oil for tasty, crispy chips with only 3% fat, so it's the healthiest way to fry. I found that I didn't even need any oil for these bean tacos.
Tefal ActiFry 360 ̊ Cooking
To promote 360 ̊ Cooking, Tefal hosted a big event at Exmouth beach, where the public will get to enjoy a free ActiFry dinner - but there's a twist: they served it sky high on the world’s first Ferris wheel restaurant!
Find out more about Tefal's 360 ̊ Cooking.
These vegetarian tacos, plus the apple mango crumble, will be some of the meals served at the event. You can find all the recipes in the free MyActiFry app (available in the app store) - which is rammed with recipes so you can really see how versatile the ActiFry is. It also tailors each recipe to the type of ActiFry you have.
Now it's my turn to pass the 360 ̊ Cooking Board onto another blogger to create another ActiFry recipe for you all - so it's over to the lovely Emily at A Mummy Too.
If you're looking for other creative recipes using your air fryer, be sure to try my vegan Thai Noodle Bowl with crispy air fryer tofu!
As a little bonus, I also have a dessert ActiFry recipe for you!
This gadget is seriously versatile. I made the air fried tacos, then as the family sat down to eat, the ActiFry was making our dessert - this delicious crumble.
Bonus recipe! ActiFry Apple Mango Crumble:
Peel, core and dice 6 apples. Add them to the ActiFry with 1 tsp of maple syrup and cook for 15 minutes. Then add 1 diced mango and cook for a further 5 minutes. Set aside.
For the crumble topping, mix 100g flour and 1 tbsp sugar in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp butter and rub into the flour mixture to form fine crumbs. Add the crumble to the cleaned bowl of the ActiFry and cook for 10 minutes.
Spoon some strawberry coulis into glasses, then add the cooked fruit and top with the crumble mixture. So easy!
Get the ActiFry Vegetarian Tacos Recipe
Thanks for checking out my recipe! I love hearing from my readers. You all allow me to do what I love and write this UK food blog, sharing vegetarian and vegan recipes, vegetable cake recipes and also easy vegan desserts.
- 400 g (1 x 400g/15oz can) cooked kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 onions , peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and finely chopped
- 300 ml (15 oz) can of crushed/chopped tomatoes
- 1 ActiFry spoonful of ground cumin
- 1/2 ActiFry spoonful of sweet or hot chilli powder
- 1/2 ActiFry spoonful of ground coriander seeds
- 100 g crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 red onion , peeled and thinly sliced
- handful fresh coriander/cilantro , roughly chopped
- 2 limes quartered
- 4 taco shells or tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Place the kidney beans, onion, garlic and tinned tomatoes in the ActiFry with the spices, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes (ActiFry original, other models may vary)
- Fill the tortillas with the bean mixture and garnish with red onion rings, crumbled feta and chopped coriander/cilantro
Make it gluten-free: use gluten free tortillas
Disclosure: This vegetarian tacos recipe was sponsored by Tefal Actifry. All opinions are my own. The recipes came from the My ActiFry app, where you'll find loads of other ActiFry recipes. Thanks for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to bring you tasty vegetarian and vegan recipes.