This chia jam is super quick to make, and includes veg! It has earthy beetroot and zingy raspberries in a healthy jam, thickened with chia seeds. Only 5 ingredients.
Chia jam. Oh my. So easy, so quick, so healthy.
I'm never going to buy a jar of fruit flavoured sugar again. Seriously.
This is so much easier to make and is actually good for you.
And the taste? Amazing. If I do say so myself.
I first came across chia jam on Pinterest and I'm so glad that I've finally tried it.
Sometimes it's cooked, but I thought that if it works cooked then I might as well try it raw, and lo, it thickened! Beautifully.
This is a raw, vegan, gluten-free chia jam. With no refined sugar. Bliss.
beet and raspberry
Beetroot and raspberry go fabulously together. Unsure, just trust me.
The beets give an earthiness to the sweet/sharp taste of the raspberries. They're a match made in heaven and perfectly balance each other's flavor.
This quick jam is thickened with nothing but chia seeds! They swell up when wet and get gelatinous. Perfect for an instant jam.
For sweetness, I added a little agave and a dash of vanilla extract. That's it. If you don't like agave, then add maple syrup or another liquid sweetener.
No kilos of sugar, no pectin. And no checking temperatures and setting points.
Boom - instant easy jam. Thanks, chia seeds!
So, what can you do with this wonderful, fresh, raw, vegan, vegetable-laden chia jam? Serve it how you would any jam!
- On toast
- In jam thumbprint cookies
- Dollop onto oatmeal in the morning
- Spread onto pancakes
- Whiz up some healthy nut butter and make healthy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Spread it on apple slices like in my apple pizzas.
- For something different, you could even mix it with some vinegar for a salad dressing or spread it on slices of apple.
beet & raspberry recipes
Have leftover beetroot and raspberries? Don't waste them, try these recipes:
get the beet raspberry chia jam recipe
Did you make this chia jam recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Beet and Raspberry Chia Jam (Vegan, Raw)
- ½ ½ a large raw beet (100g)
- 1 ½ cups (200g) raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar honey or sugar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Blitz the beet, raspberries, vanilla and agave in a blender until as smooth as desired. Add the chia seeds and pulse until just combined.
- Pour into a sterilised jar and leave in the fridge to thicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated and use within 5 days.