This Ghost Halloween Smoothie recipe is healthier and fun! The banana and coconut smoothie is thick and delicious, then it's topped with shredded coconut and marshmallow 'ghost eyes' for a spooky twist.
This easy coconut banana Ghost Halloween Smoothie is the perfect drink to enjoy on Halloween morning or as a healthy snack throughout the day to counterbalance all that candy!
Getting kids to eat healthy on Halloween can be an uphill battle. Why would you eat healthful foods if there's so much candy around?!!
Luckily these adorable ghost smoothies are here to help! These Halloween-themed smoothies are made with naturally sweet bananas and rich and smooth coconut milk that contains healthy fats and minerals. And to make them even more fun (and festive!), they're topped with marshmallow candy eyes.
So if you're looking for a healthy and delicious way to fuel up your little ghosts and goblins this Halloween, try making these Ghost Smoothies!
Be sure to also try Halloween Brownie Bite Eyeballs, Pita Halloween Mummy Pizza, and Easy Halloween Bark.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This halloween smoothie is a great alternative to sugary candy.
Kids love that it looks like a scary ghost!
The ingredients are simple to find and are very healthy!
This smoothie can be whipped up in just minutes which is great if you're on the go!
- Coconut Milk - You'll need coconut milk that is found in the carton and not the can. The one in the carton is extracted from coconuts, much like almond milk, whereas the canned version is blended and more concentrated. Don't have it? You can dilute canned coconut milk with water 50/50.
- Frozen Bananas - This gives the smoothie a naturally sweet flavor and helps create a thick texture.
- Sweetener - Enhance the smoothie's sweetness with a touch of honey, agave, or maple syrup.
- Marshmallows - These are for the ghost eyes. You can use mini marshmallows or medium-sized ones.
- Black Food Coloring - Use a touch of black food coloring on top of the marshmallows to make the eyes or you can use a black food coloring pen to make it easier.
Please see the recipe card below for quantities.
Wondering how to make this Ghost Halloween Smoothie recipe? It's easy! Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Blend the fruit: Add the frozen banana and the coconut milk to a blender along with your sweetener of choice. Blend on medium-high speed until the banana is broken down and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Assemble the ghost eyes: Add one drop of black food coloring to the center of each marshmallow to resemble the eyes.
Assemble the smoothie: Pour the smoothie mixture into a cold glass and top with the marshmallow eyes. Serve cold and enjoy!
Ensure that the banana is ripe before adding it to the halloween smoothie. This will help to sweeten the smoothie naturally.
Be sure to use frozen bananas for this recipe to make the smoothie thick and creamy. If you don't have any frozen bananas, you can place them in the freezer for a few hours before using them.
Make sure you purchase coconut milk from a carton, not a can. The canned version is much more concentrated and can make the smoothie too thick. If you can't find it, simply shake up your can of coconut milk to mix it well, then mix it with a canful of water to thin it out.
To make the smoothie even colder and thick, add ice until the desired texture is reached.
Before serving, give the smoothie a taste and add more sweetener if necessary.
If your marshmallows won't stay next to each other when floating in the halloween smoothie, use a toothpick to stick them together.
Bring the Halloween smoothie ingredients to a party along with these fun and festive Halloween treats!
- Halloween Brownie Bite Eyeballs
- Green Halloween Cupcakes
- Pita Haloween Mummy Pizza
- Raspberry Halloween Mummy Pies
- Halloween Bark
- Green Witch Finger Cookies
If you want to make this smoothie even more festive, try adding a few drops of green food coloring or add spinach to the coconut milk before blending. This will give the smoothie a spooky green hue!
Or, for a fun twist on the traditional ghost shape, try using a cookie cutter to cut the marshmallows into different shapes. Ghosts, bats, or pumpkins would be great for this!
You could also use different fruits in this recipe, such as strawberries, raspberries, or mango. Just be sure to adjust the amount of sweetener accordingly.
Change the flavor by using a flavored extract such as vanilla, almond, or coconut.
If you want extra protein in your smoothie, try adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
Make it a treat by blending with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This ghost smoothie is best served immediately as the banana will start to brown and the marshmallows will begin to dissolve. However, if you need to store it, place it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
When you're ready to serve it again, give it a good stir and add more milk if necessary as it may have thickened up.
More Easy Smoothie Recipes
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Acai Smoothie Bowl with Berries
- Cranberry Beet Smoothie with Ginger
- Mango Milkshake
- Mango Lassi
- Banana Lassi
Halloween Ghost Smoothie
- 2 cups Coconut Milk (475ml) the thin one in the carton, not canned
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave or maple syrup
- 4 marshmallows white (mini or medium)
- Black food coloring or black food coloring pen
- Blend the coconut milk, bananas and maple syrup until thick and creamy.
- Pour into glasses.
- Add a drop of food coloring to the centre of each marshmallow (or draw a circle with an edible ink pen, or stick on a candy eye) and place two into each glass.
- Serve and enjoy!
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.