Gingerbread granola is easy to make and very versatile. It's also vegan and easily gluten-free. We love it for breakfast, but it’s also fantastic as a crumble topping, sprinkled on yogurt or, as my kids like to do, eaten dry with a spoon for a snack.
I love how the magic of Christmas is so easily evoked by scent. One whiff of pine while walking through a forest and I’m immediately transported to my childhood Christmases, when my mum would cut down boughs and wind them up the banister with red ribbons.
As the weather cools and a neighbourhood walk is punctuated with the hygge smells of woodsmoke dancing up chimney breasts, it somehow makes the transition away from summer so much easier. Welcome, even.
Roast chestnut sellers on city streets encourage a smile and make the shopping slog so much easier, as it’s heady scents conjure up a Dickens novel.
How to make easy vegan gingerbread granola
It only takes 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients and 20 minutes to gently toast it all in the oven. Then just pour it into a jar and enjoy the taste of Christmas every morning! Granola is such an easy breakfast to make! And I love that you can endlessly customise it and use up any jars and bags of seeds, nuts, dried fruit etc...
Oats (gluten-free if required)
Gingerbread has to be my favourite mix of spices.
I love making a gingerbread house with my kids at Christmas or baking a ginger cake at any time of year.
When the house fills with spices emanating from the oven, it can only bring joy.
I add gingerbread spices to my hot chocolate and I have it for breakfast in these gingerbread fluffy vegan pancakes.
I also often make an apple crumble with gingerbread oat topping.
See? Massive fan. It's just such a great mix of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg - they work so beautifully together.
Get the Easy Vegan Gingerbread Granola Recipe
If you make this easy vegan gingerbread granola recipe, please tag it with #veggiedesserts on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. I LOVE seeing your recreations of my recipes!
Also, pop down to the comment and let me know how you got on with the recipe. It’s always great to hear from my readers. Your support allows me write this UK food blog and bring you vegetable cake recipes as well as vegan desserts, plus savoury vegetarian and vegan recipes and breakfasts and drinks.
My cookbook, Veggie Desserts and Cakes, is now available on Amazon (UK, Canada, USA, Australia and more) - affiliate link
Easy Vegan Gingerbread Granola
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160 g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 4 tbsp pecans roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp shredded or flaked coconut
- 3 tbsp mixed seeds I used pumpkin, hemp, sesame and linseeds
- 4 tbsp dried cranberries chopped
- 2 tbsp crystallised ginger chopped finely
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 150C / 300F. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a small pan over a med/low heat, melt the maple syrup and coconut oil together. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, pecans, coconut, seeds, cranberries, crystallised ginger and spices together. Pour in the maple syrup mixture and mix well.
- Spread out in a thin layer on the baking sheets and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally to ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Leave the granola to cool - it will harden and crisp up on the tray. Store in an airtight container.