These fluffy vegan pancakes have gingerbread spices making them perfect for Christmas and all winter long. They’re quick and easy to make with no unusual ingredients!
These fluffy vegan pancakes are seriously delicious. The gingerbread spices make them extra special and they have a beautiful flavour.
My family aren’t vegan, but they all hugely prefer these vegan pancakes to standard ones with eggs and dairy. I love that they’re so quick and easy to make!
You only need store cupboard ingredients and in less than 15 minutes you can all sit down to stacks of heavenly pancakes.
Gingerbread Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
Here’s my all-time favourite aroma of the holidays: gingerbread. When the sweetest spices all mingle together in the air, it’s time to greet the festive season with open arms.
Memories of climbing onto a chair to help with the Christmas baking dance like sugarplums in my head whenever that familiar perfume fills my kitchen. I hope it will for my kids, too.
Beyond gingerbread houses or cookies, I like to use the spices in other recipes.
A few pinches of spices in your pastry will turn apple pie into a dream.
A little gingerbread in a steaming mug of hot chocolate will turn it into a new level of decadence.
Check out the size of these thick vegan pancakes! They’re so wonderfully decadent and a great breakfast (or lunch or dinner!).
You don’t need any strange ingredients or wizardry to get the pancakes so fluffy, it’s just a bit of apple cider vinegar reacting with some of the other ingredients.
It produces a bubblingly light and thick pancake that’s egg-free and dairy-free.
I’ve been making vegan pancakes for years and I’ve been tweaking and tweaking the recipe. My scrap of paper with the recipe has been crossed out, dripped on, torn a bit and well-used.
Now it’s time to share my ULTIMATE VEGAN PANCAKE RECIPE with you!
How to make fluffy vegan pancakes
You’ll need some simple store cupboard ingredients:
Plain (All Purpose) Flour
Gingerbread spices: cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
Dairy-free milk (almond, soy, etc..)
Maple Syrup (optional)
Apple Cider Vinegar
(I served mine with frozen raspberries!)
You’ll probably have all of that on hand, so read on as you’re only a few minutes away from tucking into a stack of light and fluffy vegan gingerbread pancakes!
You could also try my vegan zesty orange chia pancakes, which are gluten free.
If you’re looking for more easy vegan dessert recipes, try my vegan chocolate cake and vanilla vegan birthday cake! They’re both hugely popular with hundreds and hundreds of readers loving the recipes.
Get the Gingerbread Fluffy Vegan Pancakes Recipe
Also, pop down to the comment and let me know how you got on with the recipe. It’s always great to hear from my readers.
Your support allows me write this UK food blog and bring you vegetable cake recipes as well as vegan desserts, plus savoury vegetarian and vegan recipes and breakfasts and drinks.
Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes
- 175 g plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tbsp cornflour cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 300 ml dairy-free milk (almond, soy etc...)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil plus more for frying
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder and spices.
- In a separate bowl (or large mixing jug), mix the milk, oil, maple syrup, vinegar and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. It will still be slightly lumpy, but don’t over-mix or the pancakes will be tough. Set the mixture aside, letting it rest for 5 minutes for fluffier results.
- Add a drizzle of the oil to a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Ladle small rounds onto the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until bubbles appear on the surface and the underside turns golden. Flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes or until golden.