This celery, apple and blue cheese soup is a rich, creamy and easy way to warm up on these cold days.
This rich and creamy soup brings together the wonderful flavours of blue cheese, tangy apples and fragrant celery.
It’s super quick and easy to make and a bowl of deliciousness.
I’m most definitely a year-round soup fan. I just love how a bowl of veggies, whether pureed or chunky, becomes nourishing, warming and food for the soul
Celery, Apple and Blue Cheese Soup
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 head celery chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 apple peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup (100ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (75g) blue cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook the onion and garlic in the oil in a pan over a medium/low heat for about 5 minutes, or until softened but not browned.
- Add the celery, apple and stock and simmer until the vegetables are soft - 15-20 minutes.
- Add the milk and blue cheese and puree with an immersion blender until smooth.