Peas on toast with mint and radishes is a vibrant and fresh, Spring-like vegan brunch, breakfast or lunch. You only need 5 ingredients and 5 minutes for this tasty recipe.
Avocado toast has been a trend that I've fully latched onto. It's surprisingly versatile and I love avocado and strawberries on toast as well as avo toast with turmeric, black pepper, chilli flakes and fresh lime juice. Yum. I also love beetroot hummus on toast topped with an avocado rose.
But what about a different green toast? Enter: Peas on Toast with Mint and Radishes. A springlike, vibrant and delicious vegan breakfast recipe.
Why should you make Peas on Toast?
- Quick and easy recipe
- Use fresh or frozen peas
- Try with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- A nice alternative to avocado toast
- Vegetarian and vegan recipe
- Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner
- Only takes 5 minutes!
- Make it gluten free by using gluten free bread
This Peas on Toast recipe was originally published on 21 July 2015, and republished with new text and photos on 11 March 2019.
Peas are one of those staples that most people have on hand in their freezer.
You know those mornings, those awful, awful mornings, when you pick up an avocado for breakfast only to cut in and either be faced with brown mush, dark strings or a solid, flavourless underripe fruit? It's rather sad, isn't it?
Avocados have such a short window of perfection. Sigh.
That's where the humble pea comes in. Peas won't let you down.
They won't come on too strong or too bland; they're dependable. A good, honest veg where you always know what you're going to get.
They're fast to make and you've got something green to eat. Plus, they're really good for flicking at people. Ahem.
So let's cook peas in just a few minutes, while the cold-brew coffee slowly drips.
Then we'll add some fresh mint leaves and crush them beneath the prongs of a fork so the little green balls burst satisfyingly and fill the air with the smell of summer. Spread them on your favourite toast - whether rye, gluten-free, sourdough or sliced. They will make everything vibrant, green and happy - I promise. A few slices of peppery radish makes it even better.v
How to Make Peas on Toast (with mint and radishes)
This recipe is super quick and super easy. Feel free to customise it however you like! Enjoy your quick and tasty vegan brunch recipe.
1. Boil the fresh or frozen peas.
2. Finely chop the fresh mint leaves.
3. Thinly slice the radishes (if using).
4. Mash the peas with the mint and a little lime or lemon juice, then spread onto toast and top with the radishes. Add a little salt and pepper if desired.
Looking for other recipes using peas?
Vanilla Pea Cake with Lemon Frosting (not vegan)
Pea, Lemon and Lavender Cupcakes (not vegan)
Pea Hummus (vegan)
Spinach Pea Burgers (vegan)
Pea Salad (vegetarian)
Get the Peas on Toast Recipe
💚Did you make this peas on toast recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes and cakes.💚
Thanks for checking out my recipe! I love hearing from my readers. You all allow me to do what I love and write this UK food blog, sharing vegetarian and vegan recipes, vegetable cake recipes, vegan cake and also easy vegan desserts.
Peas on Toast with Mint and Radishes
- 200 g (1 cup) peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp fresh mint leaves chopped
- ½ tsp fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 3 radishes sliced
- Bread toasted, to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the peas for a few minutes until cooked.
- Drain and lightly mash with a fork. Add the mint and lime juice and mash to combine.
- Spread over toast and top with radish slices and a little salt and pepper.