This easy Green Pasta is a tasty way to eat your greens! The sauce has avocados, peas and fresh green herbs. Ready in just 10 minutes with 8 ingredients. Vegan, vegetarian, dairy free.
Looking for a super-quick midweek meal that's not only tasty, but healthy too? BINGO! You've found it here.
Grab your meal planners, because you're going to want to add this dish to it. Often.
This dish couldn't be simpler. Just cook the pasta, and while it's cooking whiz all the sauce ingredients in a blender. Heat the sauce, toss the pasta in it and serve!
Why you'll love this Green Spaghetti Recipe
It only takes 10 minutes
Full of healthy greens
A great way to use up over-ripe or under-ripe avocados
Tastes delicious and creamy
It's vegan and dairy free
This green pasta is great on it's own, with a sprinkling of my vegan parmesan.
Try it with a green salad on the side.
For dessert, try it with a green cake! My apple kale cake is perfect.
There's something so virtuous about eating a green meal. The color just screams HEALTHY.
Whether it's a kale soup, spinach burger or even an apple kale cake (sorta healthy, right?), you just know you can shine up your halo once the meal is over.
This green pasta slathers the spaghetti with a creamy, dream sauce that's filled with goodness.
The vegan pasta sauce is simply made from whizzed avocado, peas and herbs. Have some spinach? Throw in a handful. This is a very flexible recipe and it's great for using up produce.
Tips for making Green Pasta
- Don't have a blender? Try using a hand held immersion blender to puree the sauce.
- You can use fresh or frozen peas.
- If your avocados are slightly underripe, puree them with the milk/soy milk first, then add the other ingredients. This recipe is a great way to use up avocados when you cut into them and they're under- or over-ripe.
- Try different herbs, such as mint, for a different taste.
- This recipe is suitable for vegans and dairy free diets.
- Make it gluten free by using your favourite gluten free pasta. You could even try zoodles (zucchini pasta) for an all-veg meal.
- This recipe is soy-free (if you use soy-free milk, try almond), nut-free (if you use a nut-free milk) and oil-free.
Storage and freezing
- You can store left sauce in the fridge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Leftover sauce mixed with pasta can be kept, covered, in the fridge and heated up in a microwave or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Sorry, this sauce isn't suitable for freezing.
Ingredients for Green Pasta
To make this healthy green pasta, you'll need just 8 simple ingredients:
Pasta (any will work: rigatoni, linguine, spaghetti, even macaroni!)
Peas (fresh or frozen)
Milk (I used soy milk)
Pot for cooking pasta
How to make Green Pasta - step by step tutorial
This green pasta is super quick and easy! Just cook your favourite pasta, whiz up the sauce ingredients, heat the sauce and stir in the pasta!
Voila - 10 minute dinner that's full of healthy nourishing ingredients.
Follow these step by step pictures, then scroll down to the recipe card for the full quantities and instructions.
1. Cook the pasta according to instructions on the box, then drain.
2. While the pasta is cooking, add all the remaining ingredients to a blender (or large bowl and use a hand held immersion blender).
3. Whiz the sauce until smooth.
4. Pour the sauce into a pan and heat gently. Then toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and serve!
GET THE FULL RECIPE AND QUANTITIES BELOW IN THE RECIPE CARD
If you're looking for more vegetarian or vegan pasta recipes, try these!
Pasta with Peas (vegetarian or vegan)
Courgetti and Beet Balls
Mushroom and Butternut Squash Pasta
Zoodles with Pea Mint Sauce
Broccoli Mushroom Pasta
Vegan Chili Mac
Looking for more 15-minute midweek dinners? These ones are super quick and easy!
Naan Bread Pizza (vegetarian or vegan)
Mushrooms on Toast (vegan)
Chickpea Curry (vegan)
Vegan Pad Thai
For more 15 minute vegan dinners, subscribe to my newsletter and get my free eBook.
Get the Green Pasta Recipe
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes and cakes.
Thanks for checking out my recipe! I love hearing from my readers. You all allow me to do what I love and write this UK food blog, sharing vegetarian and vegan recipes, vegetable cake recipes, vegan cake and also easy vegan desserts.
- 8 oz (350g) pasta (I used linguine)
- 3 avocados peeled and stone removed
- 1 cup (150g) frozen peas
- ¼ cup (50ml) milk or soy milk
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by blending all remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a pan and heat on the stove. Toss the pasta in the sauce and serve!
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
This was so great! Thanks for the yummy vegan recipe!
This recipe was so good! I love the flavors and the simplicity of this pasta dish!
I could eat this everyday!
We have a green pasta recipe coming up soon too. It's our favourite way to get our toddler to have a greens boost. Yours is beautifully presented.
I'm always looking for new ways to use fresh herbs and this pasta was perfect! Love all of the fresh flavor.
It is hard to catch avacados at exactly the right amount of ripeness, so this recipe is great. Beautiful photos, too.
Can't wait to make this tonight for dinner. I love finding recipes that I already have everything in my kitchen to make. Perfect change to our normal dinner routine.