Marzipan Chocolates are a delicious chocolate treat that is perfect for the holidays or any occasion. These easy marzipan chocolates will be ready in just 15 minutes and take only 3 ingredients! A perfect edible gift, or for a party.
Looking for a super easy treat to make? Perhaps an edible gift?
Then you'll love this Marzipan Chocolates recipe!
You only need 3 ingredients and they're ready in no time.
Rich, almondy marzipan is coated in melted dark chocolate and drizzled in melted white chocolate. Delicious bliss!
Marzipan is a sweet, almond-flavored paste that is used to make chocolates and other desserts.
It can be made with either sugar or honey and has a consistency similar to play-dough. Marzipan can also be flavored with different extracts, such as vanilla or orange.
Marzipan is popular during the holidays because it can be used to make festive and colorful treats. It also has a sweet, almond-flavored taste that pairs well with chocolate.
This easy recipe combines rich marzipan and dips it in dark melted chocolate to make a decadent truffle-style dessert. Drizzle with a bit of white chocolate for a color and flavor contrast that's sweet and creamy.
These marzipan chocolates are the perfect dessert for any party or gathering. They can be served on their own, or with a cup of coffee or tea. Make a batch for the holidays as a homemade gift or enjoy them at home!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The entire recipe takes just 3 simple ingredients.
- Marzipan Chocolates only take 15 minutes to make from start to finish.
- This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether you're celebrating the holidays or just want a delicious chocolate treat!
- You can use store-bought marzipan, or make your own homemade marzipan in minutes!
- The flavor of the chocolate can be changed and you can sprinkle the tops with candy decorations or your favorite chopped nuts to change it up.
Please see the recipe card below for quantities.
- Marzipan - This is a sweet, almond-flavored paste that can be made with sugar or honey. It has a consistency similar to play-dough and can be flavored with different extracts, such as vanilla or orange. You can also use Almond Paste instead but it will have a slightly different consistency.
- Dark Chocolate - This type of chocolate can have varying amounts of cocoa solids and sugar, but it should always contain some amount of both ingredients. The higher the percentage, the more bitter or intense its taste will be. It has a dark brown color when melted down for cooking purposes. It pairs well with the sweet almond flavor of marzipan. How to melt chocolate chips.
- White Chocolate - Gets drizzled on top for a garnish effect, but also adds a bit of sweet milky flavor.
Wondering how to make this marzipan chocolate recipe? It's easy! Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Prepare the equipment: Add a sheet of parchment or wax paper to a baking sheet. You can also use a silicone baking mat. Add a wire rack to the top and set it aside.
Roll the marzipan: With your hands, roll one tablespoon-sized balls of marzipan and place them on the wire rack. You can use a melon-baller to help keep everything uniform in size.
Melt the chocolate: Add the dark chocolate to a double boiler or a bowl in the microwave. Melt the chocolate in 20-second intervals and stir until smooth and melted without burning. Check out this guide to How to melt chocolate chips.
Cover the marzipan in chocolate: Using a spoon, pour the melted chocolate on top of the marzipan making sure to tilt the sides with a toothpick or fork to ensure even coating. Alternatively, drop each marzipan ball into the dish of melted chocolate, roll to coat, then set it onto the rack to drip. After the layer of dark chocolate is on top, place them in the fridge to chill and harden.
Drizzle with white chocolate: Once the dark chocolate has hardened, melt the white chocolate. Use a small piping bag or a spoon to drizzle it over the top of the chocolate. Let it harden before serving.
If the chocolate is too thick and isn’t flowing smoothly, add a teaspoon of coconut oil to thin it out.
If your marzipan has been sitting out for a while and has become sticky, put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes so it will be easier to work with.
When melting the chocolate, make sure you take care not to put the bowl too close to the hot water in a double boiler.
If using the microwave to melt chocolate, be sure to stir it every 20 seconds thoroughly to prevent it from burning.
Instead of white chocolate drizzle, you could top the still-wet dark chocolate with edible glitter, chopped pistachios or sprinkles.
Make alongside a batch of Beet, Chocolate, and Smoky Tea Truffles for a decadent dessert.
Enjoy them as an after-dinner treat with a warm cup of Gingerbread Latte.
The dark and white chocolate combination is perfect, but you can use milk or dark chocolate if desired.
For best results, be sure to use chocolate that is for melting purposes.
Try using marzipan filled with fruit jam like raspberry or strawberry to make it even more delicious with fruity flavor.
Add chopped nuts or candy sprinkles on top for extra decoration.
If you want to make these marzipan chocolates gluten-free, use a gluten-free marzipan recipe or purchase a gluten-free brand.
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Freezing: These marzipan chocolates can be frozen for up to two weeks. Add them to an airtight container with wax paper in between each layer. Let them thaw on the countertop before serving.
Yes, you can use flavored marzipan if desired. Marzipan comes in flavors such as almond, lemon, raspberry, and orange.
Marzipan can be found at most grocery stores or specialty candy shop. You can also purchase it online.
More chocolate dessert recipes
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Aztec Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Tofu Chocolate Mousse
- Beetroot Chocolate Shake
More candy recipes
If you're looking for more candy recipes to give as edible gifts, try these!
Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Plus, you'll get a free eBook: 15 Minute Vegan Dinners!
- 14 ounces marzipan (400g)
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (200g)
- 3 ounces white chocolate (85g)
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet lined with a piece of baking parchment paper, a silpat or wax paper.
- Roll equal-sized tablespoonfuls of the marzipan into balls, I use a melon-baller, and place them onto the wire rack.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave for 1 minute, stir and if it isn’t melted, then heat again in 20 second bursts until smooth. Alternatively, melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmer water (ensure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water).
- Spoon the melted dark chocolate over the marzipan balls, tilting gently as necessary with a fork or toothpick, so they’re completely coated. Transfer to the fridge (keep the marzipan chocolates on the wire rack) to set for 10 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate, then add to a piping bag with a very small tip, or use a spoon.
- Drizzle over the chocolates, then top with any sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.