In these pumpkin hazelnut oat cookies, the pumpkin and spices merge beautifully to make a soft chewy cookie.
pumpkin hazelnut oat cookies
Pumpkin hazelnut oat biscuits are your new best friend. No, really.
Just make them and you'll see.
They're comforting, wintery, flavorful, warming and AMAZING.
Soft cookies with an oaty texture. Add in some crunchy hazelnuts and boom - cookie heaven.
Very autumnal, very easy to make, and certainly moreish. Perfect for a late afternoon treat, bundled on the sofa with a mug of Earl Grey.
I just adore autumn.
Falling leaves, nights closing in and pumpkin.
Oh, the autumnal taste of pumpkin.
I'm not fussy if it's from a tin or freshly pureed, as long as I get it in my porridge, biscuits and pies.
These biscuits are soft and oaty with crunchy hazelnuts and light spices.
I adore pumpkin in desserts. It's so wintery, so tasty and just a darned good vegetable for desserts!
You can easily make your own by steaming pumpkin or squash, then puree it and heat it a little to remove a bit of the moisture. Or just buy canned!
I hope you love these pumpkin cookies. Be sure to also try out these other awesome pumpkin dessert recipes:
And check out my list of The Best Vegetarian Pumpkin Recipes!
get the pumpkin hazelnut oat cookies recipe
Did you make this cookie recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Pumpkin Hazelnut Oat Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup (150g) all-purpose / plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup (100g) oats
- ½ cup (100g) butter softened
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- ½ cup (150g) pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (50g) hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C. Line a baking tray or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, bicarb of soda, salt and spices together in a bowl. Stir in the oats and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Add the chopped hazelnuts and mix.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.