These healthy avocado cookies are perfect for kids or adults. They're super-healthy and easy to make, plus they're packed with goodness.
Wow – these avocado cookies certainly are bright green!
These super-healthy biscuits are perfect for kids and adults alike.
With only four ingredients that can be whipped up in minutes, and with the kids’ help, they make a great, healthy, portable snack.
Either add raisins to one half of the mix and chocolate to the other. That's what I did to make one more virtuous batch for the little ones.
You could also mix the chocolate and raisins together in the dough.
healthy cookies for babies and toddlers
For babies who are weaning, you can even leave out the raisins and chocolate.
You could also shape the avocado cookies into ‘fingers’ for easy snacking.
For older children and adults who have more of a sweet tooth, you may wish to sweeten them slightly.
Try adding a teaspoon of maple syrup, honey or agave nectar, though my family devoured them without any being added.
more cookie recipes
If you love these avocado cookies, then you've got to try these other cookie recipes!
Get the recipe for healthy avocado cookies
- 1 avocado peeled and stone removed
- 1 cup (100g) oats
- ⅛ cup (25g) raisins optional
- ⅛ cup (25g) chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 325F / 160C.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Roll into balls and place on to a baking tray or cookie sheet. Press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they start to turn golden. Cool slightly on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.