Irish Cream baked donuts are a great St. Patrick's Day treat. They're easy to make and bring the lovely flavour of Irish cream into dessert!
Irish Cream is sooo tasty. Smooth, decadent and delicious.
But there's no need to just pour it into a glass, cocktail or to jazz up a coffee. It's also great in... donuts!
Whether you're making them for Christmas, St Patrick's Day or any day, you'll love these easy, flavorful baked doughnuts.
This post was originally posted on December 20 2017 and republished with updated text on March 4 2021.
Recipe commissioned by Feeney's.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Baked donuts are healthier than fried.
These are grown up donuts with a hint of booze from the Irish Cream flavor.
They're an easy dessert to make.
Perfect for St. Patrick's Day.
Also great at Christmas.
They light and fluffy cake donuts have a rich flavor.
The Irish Cream glaze tastes divine.
The Irish Cream Liqueur makes these grown-up doughnuts extra special.
The creamy alcohol drink lends a subtle and dreamy flavour to the chocolate sponge and gives the glaze a bit of kick from the alcohol and fab flavour.
Baking doughnuts makes them far easier and a bit healthier.
Rather than deep frying like a traditional doughnut, the batter is spooned into a donut pan (inexpensive from Amazon) and popped into the oven for 15 minutes.
They're essentially a cupcakes in circle form - and that makes them fun and extra special.
Plus, you can still add glaze, icing and sprinkles. Always a must!
Try these other donut recipes too!
Baked Lemon Spinach Donuts
Pumpkin Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
I love trying boozy bakes, as the drinks add a great flavour and are fun to experiment with.
Feeney's Irish Cream Liqueur
I first tried Feeney's a few years ago and fell madly in love with it (sorry Husband). It has that familiar creamy taste of other Irish cream liqueurs, but it's more chocolatey and creamier. Somehow fresher. That's probably because as the brand says, it goes 'from dairy to distillery in 24 hours'.
For over 25 years, they've been making luxurious Irish cream, using real diary cream from Irish farms in County Laois with rich chocolate and aged Irish whiskey. They've won loads of awards and after one sip I'm sure you'll see why!
I hope you love these Baked Irish Cream Donuts! Check out these other Irish recipes too.
Check out these other Irish Cream recipes.
Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Plus, you'll get a free eBook: 15 Minute Vegan Dinners!
If you make these easy Irish Cream Baked Doughnuts recipe, please tag it with #veggiedesserts on Instagram or other social media. I LOVE seeing your recreations of my recipes.
Please drink responsibly. Be drinkaware.
Disclosure: This Irish Cream Baked Donut recipe was commissioned by Feeney's. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to be a food blogger and write Veggie Desserts. This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Irish Cream Baked Donuts
- 1 cup (200ml) milk
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 3 tablespoon Irish Cream Liqueur
- 2 tablespoon butter melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225g) all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Irish Cream Glaze
- 1 cup (125g) powdered icing sugar (confectioner's)
- 2 tablespoons Irish Cream
To decorate (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F. Lightly grease a doughnut pan with oil
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sugar, Irish cream, cooled butter and egg together.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and gently combine.
- Fill the doughnut moulds with the batter until ¾ full and bake for 15 minutes, or until springy and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Irish Cream Glaze
- Beat the sugar and Irish cream together until smooth. It should reach a thick drizzling consistency. If necessary, add a teaspoon more of icing sugar to thicken or a teaspoon of water to thin.
- Pour it into a shallow bowl and dip in the completely cooled doughnuts to cover one side. Add sprinkles if desired. Set aside to set.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.