This easy Pumpkin Bark recipe has actual pumpkin in it! It is so simple and tasty, with dark chocolate and spices, plus some nuts and dried fruit. A rich, delicious fall treat.
Chocolate bark is such an easy treat to make, and adding pureed pumpkin gives it a lovely new dimension along with loads of warming spices.
The melted dark chocolate is swirled with white chocolate that has pumpkin and spices mixed into it. The results are pretty, with a burst of fall flavor.
This bark would make a lovely, simple-to-make gift and is something that the kids can help with - if you can convince them to wait until it sets to taste it!
It's one of the easiest treats you can make, plus this pumpkin bark tastes absolutely incredible.
This recipe was originally posted on November 2, 2013, and republished with new photos and text on September 23, 2021.
Why you'll love this recipe
An easy fall treat that anyone can make.
This pumpkin bark uses 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree, so it's a great way to use up the rest of a can after making another recipe.
It's a no-bake dessert.
You can customize the flavors. Try adding different spices and different toppings.
- Pumpkin puree - it gives that white chocolate a softer texture, orange color and adds veg to this dessert!
- Pumpkin pie spice - a warming blend that shines in the chocolate bark.
- Dark chocolate - or go for milk chocolate if you prefer.
- White chocolate - gets blended with the pumpkin and swirled into the dark chocolate for a pretty presentation.
- Dried cranberries - or swap to raisins or other dried fruit.
- Chopped nuts - I use mixed nuts, but pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds etc are all great. They add a nice texture to the finished pumpkin bark.
- Sprinkles - totally optional, but I love star shaped golden sprinkles on this recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Bark
Follow this step by step photo tutorial, then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and method.
PREP: Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
Stir the spices into the pumpkin puree and set aside.
MELT: Chop the chocolate and melt each type separately in the microwave (in 30-second bursts, stirring in between), or a bowl of water over a saucepan of boiling water (ensure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water).
STIR: Stir the spiced pumpkin puree into the white chocolate.
ASSEMBLE: Spread the melted dark chocolate thickly over the parchment paper, then swirl in the white chocolate.
TOPPINGS: Sprinkle the dried fruit, sprinkles a,nd nuts onto the melted chocolate.
HARDEN: Set aside and allow to harden for a few hours on the counter or in the fridge. Break or cut into pieces and serve at room temperature.
Make it a vegan pumpkin bark by using your favorite dairy free vegan chocolate.
Swap the dark chocolate for milk, or use melted butterscotch chocolate chips.
Change up the pumpkin pie spice for chai or other holiday spice blends.
Make it for Christmas with your favorite festive sprinkles.
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you love this pumpkin bark, then I hope you'll love these other tasty pumpkin recipes too!
Be sure to also check out this list of the Best Pumpkin Recipes.
Check out the Veggie Desserts + Cakes cookbook on Amazon
Did you make this recipe?
* Head down to the comments and leave a ⭐ star rating!
* Share with #veggiedesserts on social media so I can see your creations.
* Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 7 ounces (200 grams) dark chocolate
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Stir the spices into the pumpkin puree and set aside.
- Chop the chocolate and melt each type separately in the microwave (in 30 second bursts, stirring in between), or a bowl of water over a saucepan of boiling water (ensure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water).
- Stir the spiced pumpkin puree into the white chocolate.
- Spread the melted dark chocolate thickly over the parchment paper, then swirl in the white chocolate and sprinkle the dried fruit, sprinkles and nuts onto it.
- Set aside and allow to harden for 20 minutes in the fridge or until firm. Break or cut into pieces and serve at room temperature.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.