These Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are fragrant and quick to make! The cinnamon is mixed with pumpkin puree to add extra flavor. They're quick, easy and delicious!
pumpkin cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls can take many hours to prepare, but this is a yeast-free quick recipe that is very simple.
The dough is yeast-free and has yogurt to make it fluffy, but also healthier. The results are a light and delicious cinnamon roll.
Inside is the classic cinnamon, but also pumpkin puree! It makes it absolutely delicious.
Move over pumpkin pie, it's time for pumpkin cinnamon rolls!
In a flurry of energy (read: too much coffee), I cleaned out all of the cupboards the other day.
There was a horrifying amount of food.
I think we've been preparing for the apocalypse.
So, I've set the family the challenge to 'eat the pantry' down and only shop for perishables for the next month.
Lurking in the back of the baking cupboard was a can of pumpkin.
Normally I just puree fresh pumpkin and squash for my recipes, but since I need to clear some space I thought I'd make pumpkin cinnamon rolls with canned pumpkin.
Not particularly seasonal since it's August - but hey, it's raining.
Cinnamon buns are deliciously sinful, so let's pretend that adding some vegetable to the recipe makes it less so.
I hope you love this recipe. We do.
pumpkin dessert recipes
Looking for more pumpkin desserts? Try these!
Pumpkin works beautifully in dessert recipes. From traditional pumpkin pie to rich and moist spiced pumpkin cake. It's a classic vegetable dessert.
get the quick pumpkin cinnamon rolls recipe
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Quick Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 cups (350g) all-purpose (plain flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- ½ cup (115g) butter melted
- 1 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup (300ml) plain Greek yogurt
For the pumpkin cinnamon filling
- ⅓ cup (100g) pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup (50g) brown sugar
- 2 tsp butter melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp milk to glaze
For the cream cheese frosting
- ⅓ cup (75g) cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup (65g) powdered icing sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 340F / 170C. Lightly grease a 9" round cake pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar and salt. In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in the yogurt. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and combine to make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured work surface. Sprinkle the top of it with a little more flour and roll out to a 12 x 10 inch rectangle.
For the filling
- Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread the filling over the dough and roll up from the long edge to form a log. With a serrated knife, gently cut into 8 even sections.
- Place one section in the middle of the prepared cake pan and place the others around it. Brush the tops with milk to glaze.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Make the cream cheese frosting
- Mix all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle the frosting over the pumpkin cinnamon rolls. These can be served warm or cold.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.