This pumpkin cocktail combines winter spices, pumpkin puree and rum! It's a creamy and delicious cocktail - with veg!
Christmas doesn't end until New Year's Eve in my house.
We continue picking at the carcass of the Christmas cake, digging the last of the pistachios from the discarded nut shells (what sort of BARBARIAN leaves the shells in the dish????) and start reintroducing the green smoothies to counteract the shame of the heaving glass recycling bin until we see in the New Year.
NYE is my daughter's birthday so by then Christmas will be replaced by the tears and laughter of a 2nd birthday party.
Until then, however, I shall continue with a few sneaky treats such as this spiced milk punch with added wintery spices and pureed pumpkin.
Vegetable cocktails. Now THAT's the way to ease the guilt of excess.
Thanks for checking out my recipe! I love hearing from my readers. You all allow me to do what I love and write this UK food blog, sharing vegetarian recipes, vegan recipes, vegetable cake recipes, vegan cake and also easy vegan desserts.
Get the Winter Spiced Pumpkin Cocktail
Winter Spiced Pumpkin Cocktail
- 4 tablespoon pumpkin puree tinned, or steam ½ a fresh pumpkin or squash until tender, then puree
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 shots of dark rum to taste
- Whizz all ingredients, except the alcohol, in a blender until frothy.
- Gently heat in a saucepan until hot, then stir in the dark rum and serve.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.