Pistachio avocado ice cream is easy to make, naturally creamy and full of goodness and flavour. It's a gorgeous green colour and tasty!
avocado ice cream
Avocado ice cream is easy to make and full of goodness.
Simply whiz up all the ingredients in the blender, then pour it into a freezer-safe container and freeze, stirring occasionally.
It's creamy, but without any cream! The avocado makes it so beautifully rich and smooth.
The flavor of the avocado mellows when it's frozen and the delicious flavor of pistachios really comes through.
I love these warm days at the end of the summer.
I can sit in the garden with a cup of coffee and read the papers in the warm sunshine.
Oh, wait, I've got two toddlers.
In the warm sunshine I run back and forth from the garden to the house fetching things, trying to stop them 'weeding' my flowers, breaking up barneys and cleaning little bottoms.
As for the coffee, it's cold.
The papers? Three weeks old.
But in the mayhem, it's nice to give them a cold treat.
As a change from our usual lazy staple of small pots of yogurt frozen with a stick in them, I like to make this healthy version of ice cream.
It's easy to make it vegan, and it's a simple recipe.
avocado dessert recipes
Looking for more ways to use avocado in desserts? Try these recipes!
I love how avocado can be used to make desserts creamy, with more nutrients than butter or cream. It's great in so many recipes.
Get the recipe for pistachio avocado ice cream
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup (100g) unsalted shelled pistachios soaked overnight
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of milk dairy or non-dairy
- Rub the skins from the soaked pistachios and discard.
- Puree the pistachios and lime juice with a hand held blender or in a food processor until smooth. Be patient, it can take a little while. Once smooth, add in the avocado flesh, maple syrup and vanilla and then blend again until smooth.
- Blend in the milk sparingly until it is a nice mousse-like consistency.
- Pour into a shallow container and freeze, stirring occassionally.
- Remove from the freezer ten minutes before serving.