These Lime Avocado Popsicles are easy to make, refreshing, and super creamy! They're made with ripe avocadoes, creamy coconut milk, and zesty lime. The perfect way to cool off on a warm day.
Avocado popsicles are a healthy and delicious treat that can be enjoyed in the summer heat!
It might sound strange to use avocadoes as the base of a sweet treat, but they are a healthy fat that turns nice and creamy!
Avocado popsicles are not only a great way to cool off, but they can also provide a refreshing snack that is packed with vitamins and minerals.
Avocado makes these vegan popsicles creamy and delicious! Paired with zesty lime, and creamy tropical coconut, they're perfect for a frozen summer snack.
Today's recipe is for delicious, refreshing, creamy avocado and lime ice lollies - they have just a hint of lime.
If you love unusual popsicle recipes, be sure to also try Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles (we make them for breakfast!), Lemon Cucumber Popsicles, or Chocolate Cauliflower Popsicles.
This recipe was originally posted on May 16, 2013, and republished with new images, text, and recipe on February 2, 2023.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Avocado popsicles are a delicious and nutritious frozen treat.
- They are a great way to cool down on a hot summer day.
- You only need a few simple ingredients.
- They're easy to make - just blend and freeze!
- Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins.
- Avocado popsicles are a unique and fun way to enjoy your favorite fruit.
- They are a great snack for kids and adults alike.
- They can be made with or without added sugar for a healthier option.
- They are a creative and tasty way to use up overripe avocados.
- Avocado popsicles are a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Avocado - You'll need fresh, ripe avocado. You can also use thawed frozen avocado.
- Coconut Milk - the liquid stuff in the can.
- Lime juice - You need 2 tablespoons of lime juice, you can use bottled, or if using fresh, it's the juice of 1 lime.
- Sweetener - use your favorite: maple syrup, sugar, agave etc...
- Vanilla - I use pure vanilla extract to bring out the flavor and add a rich sweetness to the lime avocado popsicles.
How to Make Avocado Popsicles
It's super easy to make this recipe! Just blend and freeze. Follow the below step-by-step tutorial, then scroll down to the bottom of the post where the recipe will give the full ingredients list and method.
Add all ingredients to a blender.
Whiz until thick and smooth.
Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
You can switch up a few ingredients and totally change your lime avocado popsicles into something totally different!
- Change the coconut milk for another milk such as cow's, almond, hazelnut etc...
- Swap the lime juice for lemon juice or orange juice.
- Drizzle your finished popsicles in a little melted white or dark chocolate.
- Add a handful of finely chopped nuts for more texture.
- Whiz in some fruit for more flavor - try pineapple, mango, raspberries etc...
How to Ripen an Avocado
If you use an underripe avocado for this recipe, it won't be as creamy and tasty as it should be.
To tell if an avocado is ripe, look for one that yields to gentle pressure when you squeeze it. If it's too hard, it's not ripe yet.
To speed up the ripening process, put it in a paper bag with a banana or an apple. The ethylene gas they give off will speed the ripening process.
If you need to use the avocado right away, you can cut it open and microwave it for 30-60 seconds to soften it up.
Avocado Dessert Recipes
I love using avocados in cakes and desserts. They're creamy, rich, and often make a great substitute for butter. If you love these avocado popsicles, you'll also love these other avocado desserts:
- Avocado Reindeer Brownies
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Avocado Buttercream Icing
- Black Forest Chocolate Cherry Avocado Mousse
- Healthy Cookies for Kids (Avocado)
- Avo Cake
- Sinh To Bo Vietnamese Avocado Shake
- You'll also love these other avocado dessert recipes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you love this recipe, please leave a five-star rating and review in the comments below! And if you make any modifications, let us know how it went so that we can all benefit from your experience. Happy cooking!
Follow me on Instagram * Twitter * Facebook * Pinterest * Youtube
Check out the Veggie Desserts + Cakes cookbook on Amazon
Lime Avocado Popsicles
- 2 avocados very ripe
- 15 ounce (400ml) can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or sugar, agave, honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the avocadoes in half and remove and discard the skin and pit.
- Add all ingredient to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds and freeze until solid. Overnight or approximately 6 hours.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
Absolutely awesome thank you for sharing the recipe
Made them. surprisingly creamy!
easy. will make again soon. kids even ate them (because I dipped them in melted chocolate chips!)
Made them with honey. Added an extra tablespoonful to make them sweeter. Really nice.
Of course. Thanks.
Such a great way to use up allllll the avos. My kids even loved them!
They were so good! I used extra lime juice because I love lime!
These were great!!!!
Thanks Bee. They're so refreshing and summery!
I didn't have lime, so made these with lemon + replaced sugar with honey..turned out perfect! 🙂