This thick, sweet, and spicy Honey Sriracha Sauce recipe packs a bold flavor! Ready in minutes, you can use it to flavor many dishes, from tofu and vegetables to french fries, grilled foods, or practically anything else. The honey balances out the heat of the sriracha sauce perfectly, making it an irresistible addition to any dish!
Ready to add some BIG flavor to your next dish? You're going to love this easy Honey Sriracha Sauce.
It's a thick, sticky, sweet and spicy sauce that is super addictive!
If you've fallen in love with classic sriracha sauce, you're going to absolutely love this combination.
Honey Sriracha Sauce is sweet, spicy, and full of flavor - it's sure to become your new favorite condiment.
Sriracha sauce is a type of chili sauce that originated in Thailand. It is made from a paste of chili peppers, garlic, sugar, vinegar, and salt.
Sriracha sauce has become extremely popular in recent years and can now be found in many restaurants and grocery stores.
To make Honey Sriracha Sauce, simply combine everything in a pot and heat until it's thick and bubbling. Cool and enjoy! That's it!
You can adjust the amount of honey or sriracha to suit your taste. For a more mild sauce, add less sriracha. If you like it extra spicy, add more!
Honey Sriracha Sauce is the perfect condiment for adding flavor to any dish. Try it on french fries, roasted vegetables, grilled proteins, tofu, or rice and beans. It's also great as a dipping sauce or a salad dressing.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Honey sriracha sauce is made in just minutes.
- Is both sweet and spicy which excites the tastebuds.
- Versatile: Adjust the ingredients to your specific flavor preference.
- Can be used on any foods you enjoy!
- Butter - Gives the sauce a rich buttery flavor and makes it velvety smooth.
- Sriracha Sauce - This classic sauce adds spicy flavor and red color to the condiment.
- Honey - Used to naturally sweeten the sauce without the use of any refined sugars.
- Soy Sauce - Adds a unique salty and umami flavor to the sauce and helps thin it out.
- Lime Juice - Adds an acidic note to the sauce to help brighten it up and balance the flavors. You can also use lemon juice.
Please see the recipe card below for quantities.
Wondering how to make this Honey Sriracha Sauce recipe? It's easy! Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Melt the butter: Add the butter to a small saucepan and turn the heat to medium. Let the heat melt the butter completely.
Mix the sauce: To the pan with the melted butter, add all remaining ingredients and whisk together until everything comes together and starts to bubble.
Simmer and thicken: Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Let it cool and add to a sealed jar with a lid before storing in the fridge.
The ingredients in this honey sriracha sauce naturally contain a salty flavor. Use unsalted butter for best flavor results.
After the butter has melted, it's important to turn the heat to simmer or low to avoid the sauce from scorching.
If you want to use this as a salad dressing, add an additional tablespoon or two of water to thin it out and use it cold.
Add additional hot sauce or honey to make it sweeter or spicier according to your personal tastes.
Spoon the sauce over some baked tofu and serve with stir-fried vegetables and rice.
Drizzle on top of Mini Baked Potatoes for a sweet and spicy appetizer.
Use as a dipping sauce for Vegan Chicken Nuggets.
Makes a great addition to Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Lime Sauce.
Serve drizzled over a Vegan Portobello Mushroom Steak for a sweet and spicy kick to a hearty meal.
Instead of lime juice, use lemon or orange juice to change the flavor of the sauce.
Use tamari or coconut aminos to make this sauce gluten-free.
For a smoky Honey Sriracha Sauce, add in smoked paprika or chipotle powder.
Make Honey Sriracha Aioli by whisking in mayo until desired consistency is reached, along with some minced garlic.
If you would like additional spicy flavor, use a pinch of cayenne pepper or red chili flakes in the sauce ingredients.
Store the honey sriracha sauce in an airtight container with a lid that is sanitized for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Freezing is not recommended as it will become too watery when thawed.
Yes, this Honey Sriracha Sauce recipe is slightly spicy because of the sriracha sauce ingredient. If you want to make it spicier, add in additional sriracha or red chili flakes. For a milder version, use less sriracha sauce.
Yes! This Honey Sriracha Sauce is perfect for marinating your favorite proteins. Just coat your protein of choice in the sauce and let it sit for at least 30 minutes (up to 24 hours) before cooking.
Yes, you can substitute sriracha sauce for another hot sauce like chili garlic sauce, harissa, or gochujang. Just keep in mind that the flavor of the sauce will be slightly different.
More Sauce Recipes
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- Copycat Zax Sauce
- Cane's Sauce Recipe (copycat)
- Rhubarb Sauce
- Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- Amai Sauce
- Easy Bang Bang Sauce
Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Plus, you'll get a free eBook: 15 Minute Vegan Dinners!
Did you make this recipe?
* Head down to the comments and leave a ⭐ star rating!
* Share with #veggiedesserts on social media so I can see your creations.
* Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (or lemon juice)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until it’s all melted together and bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer and bubble for 5 minutes until thick.
- Let cool completely before storing in a sanitized container with a tight lid.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.