Roasted Eggplant wedges get deliciously caramelised and are perfect on a Persian Salad. This method uses less oil, so it's a healthy way to enjoy them. The baked aubergine is perfect with seasoned grains and kale in a salad or as a side dish. Vegan.
Persian Roasted Eggplant Salad
There are salads, and then there are flavor-packed salads full of all the best, nourishing ingredients.
Say hello to this Persian Roasted Eggplant Salad!
It's easy to make and bursting with great taste. It's the sort of dish you eat and then feel really great.
Roasting eggplant makes it wonderfully crispy on the outside, but the inside of the wedges gets nice and soft and creamy. I love adding spices to take the flavor up a notch.
Serve it on a bed of spiced grains and vibrant steamed kale for alllll the nourishing things. I've added a Persian-inspired tahini dressing and pomegrantes for color, flavor and texture.
Why you'll love this recipe
I absolutely adore Persian flavors, as you can tell from my Fesenjan recipe - a walnut stew that's frequently on my meal plan!
Roasting the eggplant (aubergine) makes it's lovely flavors condense and it gets a wonderful texture.
Persian spices (cumin and cinnamon) make this easy salad vibrant and punchy.
I've included Persian-spiced lentils and quinoa to make it a hearty salad, then put it all on a bed of steamed kale to give it some green goodness.
The simple tahini dressing brings all the flavors of the Persian salad and roasted eggplant together.
Move over potato wedges, there's a new wedge in town! You simply MUST try roasted eggplant wedges.
One of the best things is that they use way less oil than frying the eggplants. \
But they still get wonderfully crispy around the edges and the middle is soft and tender. Sooo good.
Plus, they're super-easy. Just chop, drizzle or spray with a little oil (sprinkle with spices if you're feeling all fancy) and roast in the oven! See? Easy peasy.
Enjoy them on a salad, as I have here, or serve them up as a vegan side dish! Heck, I'd even eat them as a snack. They're that good. Really.
Brown or green lentils
Yoghurt (or dairy free yogurt)
Tahini (sesame seed paste found in major grocery stores)
Can this recipe be prepped ahead of time?
The whole thing can be made ahead of time.
Enjoy cold or reheat the eggplant in a skillet and/or grains when ready to serve.
If you love this baked eggplant salad recipe, you'll also love my other vegan salads!
Green salad - with pepita dressing, apples and pears
Mango salad - with a zingy lime dressing
Beet salad - with a rich tahini dressing
Spinach salad - with strawberries
Apple walnut salad - with candied walnuts
Easy cabbage salad - so colourful
Mexican chipotle salad - served in a tortilla 'bowl'!
Also, be sure to check out my roundup of the Best salad recipes.
Get the Roasted Eggplant Salad Recipe
Did you make this Persian Salad with Roasted Eggplant recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Persian Roasted Eggplant Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 2 eggplants aubergines
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Persian Lentils and Quinoa
- ½ cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 15 oz (400g) green or brown lentils
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tahini Dressing
- 4 tablespoon plain yogurt or dairy free vegan yogurt
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 430°F / 220°C.
- Cut the eggplant into wedges. Mix the oil with the cumin and cinnamon, then brush it over the eggplant wedges.
- Place the wedges, skin-side down, onto a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until wedges are soft and darken.
- Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa according to package instructions (about 15 minutes). Toss with the drained lentils then stir in the spices. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently reheat in the pan.
- Place the lentil mixture onto a serving dish with the kale and top with the roasted aubergine wedges.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, whisk all ingredients together. Serve drizzled over the wedges and sprinkled with the pomegranate arils and chopped mint.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.