Sriracha aioli is a taste-explosion! It's not too spicy but has a wonderful depth of flavor. The quick dip recipe is ready in 2 minutes with just 5 ingredients. Easily vegan.
All the wonderfully strong flavors, garlic, lime juice and sriracha hot sauce all merge together with the mild creamy mayo.
The results are the most delicious dipping sauce! It's seriously addictive and it's sure to become a favorite with you!
It certainly is at my house.
This easy dip bursts with flavor, but not in a 'my mouth is burning' way. More in a taste-explosion sort of way.
You've gotta just try it.
So, why not just stir sriracha into mayo? Well, making a quick 'cheats' aioli gives WAY more flavor. It's worth the extra minute or two it takes to make it. Trust me. It's like sriracha mayonnaise, but better!
Both aioli and mayonnaise are creamy emulsions. However, aioli is made from garlic and olive oil while mayo doesn't have garlic, but does have egg.
Sure, I could have made an aioli from scratch for this, but then it wouldn't be such a quick recipe! And I love how the addition of mayo makes it thick and rich.
So, don't wait. You can make Sriracha Aioli in about two minutes.
Two minutes to heaven. Yup.
Make a batch and I promise it won't last long in your fridge.
This recipe is vegetarian but easily vegan. Just use vegan mayo!
- Mayonnaise (or use dairy free vegan mayo)
- lime juice (or lemon juice)
- Sriracha sauce
How to use Sriracha Aioli
Where can't you use it? Well, maybe not in cake, but it will elevate all your savory dishes to WOW. It's not toooo spicy (but heck, if you love it spicy, add in extra sriracha!). Try it with:
Mexican chipotle salad
Chilli baked potatoes
Dip for potato chips
Dip for veggies
Kai jeow (Thai omelette)
and anything else you can think of!
How to make this sriracha aioli recipe
This dip recipe is SO easy. Seriously. It only takes a couple of minutes to put together.
The only, slightly, taxing part is mashing the garlic, lime juice and salt. You can do it in a pestle and mortar or just with a fork!
It's like sriracha mayo - only better! Way better. Follow these step-by-step instructions for perfect results. Then scroll down to the recipe card for full method and ingredients.
- Add the crushed garlic, lime juice and salt to a pestle and mortar. If you don't have one, just use a small bowl.
2. Crush or mash the ingredients together to form a runny paste.
3. Add the garlic mixture to a small bowl with the mayonnaise (or vegan mayo) and sriracha hot sauce. Stir. It's now ready!
See? Sriracha mayo is one of the easiest dips to make, ever!
Looking for more dip recipes? Try these!
Did you make this sriracha aioli recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes. What will you drizzle this tasty sriracha mayonnaise on?
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- ½ tsp kosher salt sea salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce or more to taste
- Add the lemon juice, garlic and salt to a small bowl and mash (or use a mortar and pestle) until it forms a paste.
- Add the mayonnaise and sriracha and stir to combine. Taste and add more sriracha sauce if you like it hotter.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Try drizzled over corn, vegan Bahn Mi, burgers, wedges, fries and more!