These Ginger Sweet Potato Balls are simple to make, warming and a great way to use up leftover sweet potato! They’re a healthy snack with hidden veg.
Sweet Potato Balls with fresh ginger taste so warmly, vibrantly delicious.
They’re super quick and easy to make, and they’re a great way to use up leftover sweet potato.
They’re blitzed into tasty balls with nut butter and ginger to create these healthy snacks.
Rolled in coconut, linseeds or cocoa, these vegan little energy bites are as moreish as truffles.
I nearly couldn’t take pictures of this recipe, because my two-year-old daughter went BANANAS for these.
Her tiny little hand just wouldn’t stop grabbing at the balls of yum.
Sweet potatoes are so versatile that I often bake an extra one for use in other meals. I roasted mine for this recipe, but you could also steam or boil it (though then you won’t get to nibble at the leftover crispy skins!). You just need them to be cooked enough to mash. Then, all you have to do is blitz it all together, roll into balls and store in the fridge. A few balls make a lovely snack or energizing breakfast.
protein balls recipes
If you love these Ginger Sweet Potato Balls, then you’ll also love these other protein balls!
Sweet Potato Balls with Ginger
For the protein balls:
- 1 1/2 cups (125g) oats
- 1 cup (200g) cooked sweet potato, mashed (about 1 large potato)
- 1/2 cup (125g) nut butter
- Large pinch of fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon skimmed milk powder or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Coconut, milled linseeds, cocoa, sesame seeds, chopped nuts etc… whatever you have or prefer for rolling
- Blitz all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until combined. If your blender isn’t high-speed, pulse the oats first to make them a bit finer, then add the remaining ingredients, or combine by hand.
- Roll into teaspoon-sized balls, then roll in the coconut, cocoa etc… and store in the refrigerator or freezer.