Halloween bark is a super easy party food and a tasty way to use up chocolate and other Halloween candy! You can make it in just a few minutes and customize it with whatever candy you have.
Halloween food can be a bit too spooky at times (check out my gruesome green witch finger cookies). But it can also just be fun and easy to make, while still embracing the fun of Halloween!
This Halloween candy bark is possibly the easiest thing you'll make.
My kids LOVE helping out, decorating it and, of course, eating it!
You can customize the recipe to use up Halloween candy, or just to whatever candy you like.
We love how the sprinkles makes the meltingly creamy white chocolate bark have a little tiny crunch and a bit of texture. It adds color, Halloween fun and tastes great.
Halloween bark is a super easy party food and a tasty way to use up chocolate and other Halloween candy!
You can make it in just a few minutes and customize it with whatever candy you have.
What is Chocolate Bark?
Chocolate bark is simply melted chocolate (I used white chocolate, but you can use dark, milk, chips - any!).
What makes it special is that you can add all sorts of toppings. Try sprinkles/jimmies/funfetti, candy, nuts, dried fruit etc...
Then let it harden, cut into shards and voila: super easy chocolate bark.
For this version, I added halloween candy to make a quick and tasty halloween bark.
For a winter version, try my pumpkin bark with dark chocolate, pumpkin puree and spices.
I've come across loads of versions of halloween bark from Pioneer Woman, Food Network, Delish and more. This is my tried and tested version and I hope you love it like my family does.
What kind of chocolate can I use for bark?
For this halloween bark I used white chocolate to really show off the colour of the candy toppings.
But you can make bark with any type of chocolate: milk, dark, white, bittersweet.
You can chop up plain chocolate bars, use chocolate chips or try baking chocolate. It all works!
Just don't use unsweetened baking chocolate or it won't be sweet enough.
Step by step tutorial
This recipe is soooo simple. It's actually more of an idea than a recipe. You just melt chocolate, spread it out, add toppings and let it harden.
Be sure to scroll right down to the recipe card for my full list of ingredients and method.
1. Chop up the chocolate. You can also use chocolate chips for chocolate bark.
2. Melt the chocolate. You can do this in a microwave (check frequently), in a double boiler or in a dish over a pan of boiling water on the stovetop. Be sure that the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water.
3. Spread the melted chocolate over a piece of baking paper on a cookie sheet.
4. Add sprinkles and candy (and candy eyes!) to the chocolate. Place in the fridge to set for approx 20 minutes.
5. When the chocolate is set, cut into pieces. Store in the fridge until ready to eat. Voila - Halloween Candy Bark!
Scroll down for the full recipe with ingredients and instructions.
Candy topping ideas
Try some of these toppings on your candy bark!
Halloween gummy candies
Mini chocolate bars
Easy Halloween Recipes
Be sure to try my other easy halloween desserts.
Halloween Mummy Hand Pies can be made in minutes with just 3 ingredients!
My Bread Shapes are also super simple. Just make the bread dough and let the kids roll it into spider, snake and other shapes, then bake and enjoy!
Get all spooky with Witch Finger Cookies.
Try baked Pumpkin Donuts with chocolate drizzle.
Halloween Iced Pumpkin Cookies are drizzled to look like Mummys and have candy eyes!
Use up pumpkin guts (or canned pumpkin) in Pumpkin Cupcakes with ghoulish green avocado frosting.
You only need 4 ingredients and 15 minutes for easy Halloween Pizzas.
Get the recipe
- 14 oz (400g) white chocolate (bar or chocolate chips)
- 3 tsp sprinkles
- 1/2 cup candy (candy corn, gummy candy, chocolate etc...)
- candy eyes
- Cut the chocolate into small chunks.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave (check it often) or double boiler. You can also place it into a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto a cookie sheet lined with a piece of baking paper. It should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Scatter the top with the sprinkles and candy.
- Place in the fridge and let it chill until it's firm. It should take about 20 minutes.
- When it's hardened, cut it into shards.
- Storage: You can store the halloween bark in the fridge or in an airtight container.
- Candy eyes
- Candy corn
- Chocolate chips
- Halloween gummy candies
- Mini chocolate bars