Zucchini and Corn Fritters are full of summery flavors. They're super quick and easy to whip up and make a tasty appetizer, side dish, or light dinner. The pan-fried fritters are soft inside with a wonderfully crisp outside.
Zucchini and corn fritters are a delicious and easy-to-make snack or side dish! We love their summery taste, and just how simple they are!
They’re a great way to use up excess zucchini and corn too.
The combination of zucchini and corn provides great taste and texture, and they’re super versatile.
We love serving them up at breakfast, topped with a poached egg. At lunch as a simple light meal on their own, as a snack, or as a dinner along with vegetables or salad.
If you're looking for more ways to use zucchini, be sure to also try Zucchini Chips, Zucchini Halloumi Couscous, Grilled Zucchini, or Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Zucchini and Corn Fritters make a tasty appetizer or side dish.
- They are simple to make and require minimal ingredients.
- They are a great way to use up extra zucchini and corn.
- A tasty vegetarian dish.
- They are kid-friendly and make a great snack.
- They are great for entertaining guests and can be served hot or cold.
- This fritter recipe can be easily customized with different seasonings and herbs.
- This dish is ready in just 35 minutes.
- Zucchini (aka courgette) - There's no need to peel the zucchini before grating it. There's a lot of goodness in the dark skin. Just give it a wash.
- Corn - you can use fresh, frozen (thawed), or canned corn.
- Onion - a yellow/brown onion is best. So you don't get big chunks of onion in the fritters, I like to mince it in a mini food processor. Alternatively, you can grate/shred it.
- Flour - regular all-purpose/plain flour. You can make it gluten free with gf flour.
- Fresh herbs - I like mixed fresh herbs such as dill and parsley.
- Egg - to help bind the fritters.
- Garlic powder and ground cumin - for great flavor.
- Salt and pepper - to season the fritters.
- Vegetable oil - for frying.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Follow this step-by-step photo tutorial, then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and method.
Wash and shred/grate the unpeeled zucchini. Place the shredded zucchini onto a clean tea towel and lightly squeeze it over the sink to get rid of any excess moisture. Place the zucchini into a large bowl.
Either grate/shred the peeled onion or chop it very finely in a mini food processor, then add it to the bowl.
Add the corn, flour, lightly beaten egg, herbs, spices, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix it all together thoroughly.
Heat the oil in a skillet/frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon the mixture into the pan and spread it into rounds. Fry for 3-4 minutes, then flip them over gently and fry for a further 3-4 minutes on the other side, or until golden and cooked through.
Place the cooked zucchini and corn fritters onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
Serve and enjoy!
- Enjoy for breakfast with a poached egg and some breakfast fried potatoes and onions.
- Serve for lunch on their own with a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
- Add a few side dishes and enjoy for dinner.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives or dill.
- Serve with a side of homemade guacamole or salsa (I love it with Habanero Salsa).
- Serve with a mixed Green Salad, or try these salad recipes.
- Enjoy with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Serve with a side of roasted vegetables and/or potatoes.
We love jazzing up our zucchini corn fritters with a dollop or two of sauce! Try these varieties:
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Sriracha Aioli
- Homemade Tomato Ketchup
- Cane's Sauce (copycat)
- Zax Sauce
- Chili Garlic Oil
We hope that you love fritters as much as we do! Be sure to try these other varieties too:
- Cheesy Leek Fritters
- Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Carrot Fritters
- Cheesy Courgette Fritters
- Corn Fritters
- Sweet Potato Fritters
- Beet Fritters
Store: To store zucchini fritters, let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat: To reheat them, either heat them in a skillet with a little oil until heated through or place them on a baking sheet and heat them in the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze: You can freeze cooked fritters, with a piece of baking parchment paper between them, in an airtight freezer bag. Defrost them and then reheat in a skillet with a little oil.
Make sure your fritters aren't soggy by gently squeezing the shredded zucchini in a clean tea towel over the sink to remove the excess moisture.
Sign up for our free newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Plus, you'll get a free eBook: 15 Minute Vegan Dinners!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you love this recipe, please leave a five-star rating and review in the comments below! And if you make any modifications, let us know how it went so that we can all benefit from your experience. Happy cooking!
Zucchini and Corn Fritters
- 2 medium zucchini courgette
- 1 yellow onion
- ⅔ cup corn
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped herbs I used dill and parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying
- Wash and shred/grate the unpeeled zucchini. Place the shredded zucchini onto a clean tea towel and lightly squeeze it over the sink to get rid of any excess moisture. Place the zucchini into a large bowl.
- Either shred the peeled onion or chop it very finely in a mini food processor, then add it to the bowl.
- Add the corn, flour, lightly beaten egg, herbs, spices, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix it all together thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a skillet/frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon the mixture into the pan and spread it into rounds. Fry for 3-4 minutes, then flip them over gently and fry for a further 3-4 minutes on the other side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Place the cooked zucchini and corn fritters onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
My kids really loved it! Thanks for the recipe!
Oh wow, these fritters look so delicious. My family is going to devour it!
What a delicious and hearty dish! I really loved these! Thank you!