Roasted Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts are crispy, tender, sweet, and spicy! They're super easy to make and add lots of big, bold flavor to your holiday dinner table.
These roasted Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts are an easy way to add lots of great flavor to sprouts!
You simply roast up your sprouts, then add the easy honey sriracha sauce so they get beautifully glazed. Add another drizzle of straight-up sriracha sauce if you like it extra hot!
I'll admit that I'm a huge fan of Brussels sprouts. As long as they're cooked right.
That usually means roasting them and including flavor add-ins, but you can also use them as a vegetable ingredient in other creative dishes.
What are Brussels Sprouts?
Brussels Sprouts are a nutritious cruciferous vegetable. They look like little cabbages (and are from the same family). They are edible buds that grow on a tall stalk. Brussels sprouts can taste very sulfurous and bitter if overcooked, so try roasting them as a tasty side dish.
Did you know? Brussels sprouts are named after the Belgian city they were cultivated in during the 16th Century. They're still very popular in Brussels to this day.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts takes roasted sprouts to another level with LOTS of great flavor.
They make a fun twist on the classic Thanksgiving and Christmas side dish.
If you like spicy foods, you'll love this version of roasted sprouts.
The honey balances the hot sauce well, so the dish is flavorful but not overpowering.
Like foods super spicy? Add an extra drizzle of sriracha sauce.
This side dish is a great part of a these awesome Vegetarian Christmas Recipes!
- Brussels sprouts - Choose fresh Brussels sprouts that aren't too brown or wilted.
- Honey - the sweetness of honey balances well with the spicy hot sauce and caramelizes on the roasted brussels sprouts.
- Sriracha sauce - Use Thai sriracha or your favorite hot sauce. It adds a bold strong flavor to this easy side dish.
- Olive oil - Use olive oil or your favorite cooking oil
- Salt and pepper - to season the roasted Brussels sprouts.
Please see the recipe card below for quantities.
Wondering how to make this Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts recipe? It's easy! Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then, scroll down for the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Trim the Brussels sprouts and cut larger ones in half, then place them into a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Spread the Brussels sprouts onto a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden on the edges and cooked through. Smaller sprouts will need less time.
Stir the honey and Sriracha sauce together in a small bowl.
Drizzle the roasted Brussels sprouts with the honey sriracha mixture. Return to the oven for 5 minutes so the sauce caramelizes on the roasted sprouts, then serve warm. If you like it spicier, drizzle with a little extra sriracha sauce!
Adjust the honey and sriracha ratios to your taste. If you like it sweeter, add more honey. If you like things spicy, add more sriracha!
Swap the honey for maple syrup or agave for a different sweet taste.
If some brussels sprouts are larger, cut them in half through the base so they all cook evenly.
Be sure to trim away any wilted or brown leaves.
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts are a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! Serve them alongside:
More Brussels Sprouts recipes
If you love sprouts as much as we do, be sure to try these other tasty ways to use them!
- Roasted Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprout Pasta
- Creamy Brussels Sprout Filo Pie
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Cabbage and Brussels Sprout Tart
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Christmas Tree
- Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Storage: Store your honey sriracha sprouts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating: Reheat in a saute pan on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring often.
Freezing: Freezing is not recommended for this dish as the texture of the sprouts will be affected.
Check out the Veggie Desserts + Cakes cookbook on Amazon
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you love this recipe, please leave a five-star rating and review in the comments below! And if you make any modifications, let us know how it went so that we can all benefit from your experience. Happy cooking!
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts 900g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce plus more for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Trim the Brussels sprouts and cut larger ones in half, then place them into a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden on the edges and cooked through. Smaller sprouts will need less time.
- Stir the honey and Sriracha sauce together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the roasted Brussels sprouts with the honey sriracha mixture. Return to the oven for 5 minutes so the sauce caramelizes on the roasted sprouts, then serve warm. If you want it spicier, add an extra drizzle of sriracha sauce.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.