Pancakes on a stick are a fun way to serve up the breakfast classic! You can customize the pancake skewers however you like, but berries and bananas are my favorite. And hey, everything tastes better on sticks, right?
Pancakes are great. But one easy way to make them even better is to put them on sticks! I've been making these as my kids' special occasion breakfast for years. Why? Because everything tastes better on sticks.
When I was growing up, my parents always made holiday mornings special, and that’s a tradition that I’ve fully embraced for my own children.
Whether it’s a birthday, Valentine’s Day or Easter, we always start the day with a special breakfast. We’re all morning people and it’s just a nice way to make sure everyone feels excited from the moment they wake up.
We usually theme the breakfasts to the holidays, perhaps having bat-shaped toast on Halloween or green pancakes on St Patrick’s Day.
But often we serve up those special pancakes on sticks.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out my list of the top 25 Vegan Pancake Recipes
Pancake recipes for kids
Pancakes are always a crowd-pleaser for kids. Whenever my little darlings have friends over for dinner, they're usually served pancakes. One savory (with cheese etc...) and one sweet. I put out a buffet-style selection so everyone can help themselves.
You could always get super fancy and make pancake animal face shapes!
I’ve found that kids are suckers for anything on sticks.
My little ones ask for these pancake skewers for most birthday breakfasts and I love that they’re easy to make and the kids also eat loads of fruit with them.
Tips and Tricks
- When making the pancakes, a tiny teaspoonful of the batter is all you need. They cook really quickly and you can make loads at once.
- You'll know when to flip because the batter gets tiny bubbles in the middle.
- Don't overmix the batter, it's fine to be lumpy.
- Looking for vegan pancake sticks? Try this vegan pancake recipe.
- Use whatever fruit you like and customise your skewers.
- Try spreading a little Nutella onto the mini pancakes when you build the pancake sticks for an extra special treat.
- Lemon juice and sugar is tasty on the fruity pancake skewers.
If you love these pancakes on sticks, you'll love my other pancake recipes!
Get the Pancakes on Sticks recipe
Did you make this pancake sticks recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Pancakes on Sticks with Fruit
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) milk
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Sliced banana
- Maple syrup
- Beat the egg and milk together in a mixing bowl. Sift in the flour and gently mix to combine.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan (or use a non-stick pan) over a medium heat. Add teaspoonfuls of the mixture and cook until bubbles form and the bottom is browned. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat, using up the pancake batter.
- To serve, alternate pancakes and fruit on sticks. Add a drizzle of maple syrup.