This red velvet beet chocolate mousse is rich and decadent. The addition of beetroot makes it naturally red velvet. It’s creamy, smooth and amazing!
This decadent chocolate mousse has an earthy addition of pureed beetroot and is a perfect treat for Valentine’s Day or any day of the year.
It’s quick and easy. Just mix it all up, put into serving glasses (I like to use vintage teacups) and chill 3 hours or overnight. Easy!
This rich mousse pairs with beet fabulously creating a deep, dark flavour.
Go on, put some veg in your mousse.
Chocolate mousse is a rich, decadent and dreamy dessert. It’s so fluffy, cold and delicious.
Adding pureed beetroot gives it a subtle earthy flavor that works so well with the deep chocolate taste and aroma.
Plus, this is a super-easy make-ahead dessert. Perfect for a dinner party.
I love using beets in recipes from breakfast through to dessert. Here are some more beet recipes to inspire you!
Apple Beetroot Salad with Tahini Dressing
Beet Pizza with Beet Leaf Pesto
Vegan Courgetti and Beet Balls
Recipe: Easy Mini Beetroot Burgers
Beetroot Hummus on Toast with Avocado
Ginger Beetroot Granola
Slow Cooker Beetroot Chocolate Cake with Beetroot Vanilla Topping
Beet Nut Butter Cups
Beetroot Chocolate Bliss Balls
Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Beet and Raspberry Chia Jam (Vegan, Raw)
get the beet chocolate mousse recipe
Did you make this beet mousse recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Leave a comment and star rating below and share a picture with the hashtag #veggiedesserts. I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian and vegan recipes.
Red Velvet Beet Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cooked beetroot approx (75g/ 1/3 cup)
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Puree the beetroot until smooth and set aside.
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites until soft peaks form, add the sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave (checking frequently) or in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (be careful not to let the bottom of the bowl touch the water).
- Quickly stir the egg yolks into the chocolate until combined.
- Add the beetroot puree and mix again.
- Gently fold the beet chocolate into the egg whites until combined. Pour into small serving dishes and chill 3-4 hours, or overnight, until set.